+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello All,
Got COPR yesterday in portal. Copr document yet to receive. AOR is 19th July.
Inland Application with dependents. @legalfalcon -My question is COPr expiry date is June 2021, do I need to get PR card before COPR expiry date ? Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations !!
are your dependents inland or outland?
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello All,
Got COPR yesterday in portal. Copr document yet to receive. AOR is 19th July.
Inland Application with dependents. @legalfalcon -My question is COPr expiry date is June 2021, do I need to get PR card before COPR expiry date ? Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations!!

You only have to land and be admitted in Canada before the COPR expiry date. Since your are an inland applicant, you are already a PR, and cOPR is the proof of your PR status.

The PR card can be issued even after the COPR expiry date.

Reactions: herry101

herry101

Feb 4, 2021
hi, @legalfalcon
I had contacted my local MP last week and I got all from her that my file is approved and they preparing my file for virtual landing. However my application is still showing submitted, not approved in my cic account. how long do you think it will take to show up in my cic account ? please let me know

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
hi, @legalfalcon
I had contacted my local MP last week and I got all from her that my file is approved and they preparing my file for virtual landing. However my application is still showing submitted, not approved in my cic account. how long do you think it will take to show up in my cic account ? please let me know
it might take a few weeks before it shows up in the portal. This happened with me. An agent informed me over the phone that it is approved but i only saw it in my portal after 3 weeks. I am still waiting for the document to come in the email.

Reactions: herry101

herry101

Feb 4, 2021
it might take a few weeks before it shows up in the portal. This happened with me. An agent informed me over the phone that it is approved but i only saw it in my portal after 3 weeks. I am still waiting for the document to come in the email.
Thanks buddy for your reply. I guess i will wait then. :)

Reactions: RajSingh12

NancyS2693

May 28, 2020
I have been quite a silent member here. But finally most awaited moment is here:
AOR- 31 july
MEP- 24 sep
Bio- 3 Nov
Final : 12 march approval( no COPR tho)
Ghost update- 13 jan, 4 feb and 26 feb.l called IRCC on monday and they said everything passed on 26 feb and waiting for final decision by officer. I opened my account 7 times since morning but nothing and finally around 8pm when i opened again it was approved. Thank you so much everyone for your help and support. I will update you guys once i get my COPR

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes can you please guide me for following?
I am a CEC Inland candidate AOR: July 21; Passed all stages waiting for final review as per call with IRCC on March 1.

1) I want to travel outside of Canada due to essential purpose by end of April for 2 months. Can I travel without PR card?
2) If in case I receive my card after I leave. can I ask my friend to courier it to out of country?
3) in case if my PR card is process, can I come back on my work permit trv visa which is valid till 2022.

Thank you in advance.
Some more info on PRTD

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

https://meurrensonimmigration.com/permanent-resident-travel-documents/

Reactions: Jax2020

Talwinder singh0037

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hello, do you guys think contacting local MP will speed up process in any way? I already have the info that I have passed all stages only tge final decision is left.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, do you guys think contacting local MP will speed up process in any way? I already have the info that I have passed all stages only tge final decision is left.

The MP can only obtain your info and not expedite the process. Here is my old post on the this:

An MP inquiry is not a right, rather it is a privilege given to the Member of Parliament to obtain your personal information from a federal agency.

Section 8 of the Privacy act states:

Disclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.

Where personal information may be disclosed

(2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    (a) ...
  • (b) ...
  • (c) ...
  • (d) ...
  • (e) ...
  • (f) ...
  • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;

They can obtain your information from any federal agency within 24-48 hours. However, beyond this they cannot do anything.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Do you think I have to contact local MP as my eligibility still not started as per agent. My AOR is 26th July 2020. Please let me know.
The MP can only obtain your info and not expedite the process. Here is my old post on the this:

An MP inquiry is not a right, rather it is a privilege given to the Member of Parliament to obtain your personal information from a federal agency.

Section 8 of the Privacy act states:

Disclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.

Where personal information may be disclosed

(2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    (a) ...
  • (b) ...
  • (c) ...
  • (d) ...
  • (e) ...
  • (f) ...
  • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;

They can obtain your information from any federal agency within 24-48 hours. However, beyond this they cannot do anything.