+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I somewhat understand the pause in FSW applicants due to the lockdowns etc, however, aren't there FSW applicants within Canada and CEC applicants outside of Canada. So I am not understanding the reasoning entirely. Is it that IRCC's system cannot process in-Canada only applicants across all programs?????
They are processing FSW applications slowly and they don’t want to add more applications that cannot be processed timely.
The percentage of FSW inland and CEC Outland is probably too low to matter that much. it’s also impractical to have a new processing system when they already have a huge backlog.

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Did you call after 14 Dec? what it says on your online portal
I haven’t called them since Dec 14th, figured I’ll wait until Febuary 14th (once 2 months has gone since everything passed) and see where its at, no ghost updates or anything yet, everything still the same! what about you!

tmondapr

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
They are processing FSW applications slowly and they don’t want to add more applications that cannot be processed timely.
The percentage of FSW inland and CEC Outland is probably too low to matter that much. it’s also impractical to have a new processing system when they already have a huge backlog.
Yet, the number of ITAs given is similar to the number of ITAs given when it is an all program draw. Ok, so based on your response then it is safe to assume that IRCC system isn't capable of giving ITAs to in-Canada only applicants across all programs. Thanks for the insight.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Yet, the number of ITAs given is similar to the number of ITAs given when it is an all program draw. Ok, so based on your response then it is safe to assume that IRCC system isn't capable of giving ITAs to in-Canada only applicants across all programs. Thanks for the insight.
Yes, that's right. They don't know who's in Canada. People can still move in or out of the country before or after submitting their applications so they only verify that people are inside Canada when issuing COPRs.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
I haven’t called them since Dec 14th, figured I’ll wait until Febuary 14th (once 2 months has gone since everything passed) and see where its at, no ghost updates or anything yet, everything still the same! what about you!
on call they said everything is passed but on my profile eligibility and background is still in progress, wbu?

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Online profile won’t change until you receive copr.
ohk, thanks, any idea how long it will take after everything is passed (confirmed by agent on call)?

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
ohk, thanks, any idea how long it will take after everything is passed (confirmed by agent on call)?
I believe the last step is still an approval from the visa officer. No one can give an accurate estimate but since you are inland you should get it soon.

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
I am in same boat with everything passed as of 15th Jan. Few people on this forum have waited more than a month and still waiting. I think its again a million dollar question on when officer will see our file again :)

Nov 21, 2020
I am in same boat with everything passed as of 15th Jan. Few people on this forum have waited more than a month and still waiting. I think its again a million dollar question on when officer will see our file again :)
Yes, some even waited for 2 months after everything passed. Hopefully everyone gets their COPR on time :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlCoco

colin98

Jan 21, 2021
Hey everyone

All of your infos were very welcome so I'll add mines so you can compare your timeline:

AOR: 2nd July
Med: passed 24 Aug
Bio: exempt/ 15 oct

Called IRCC today after a GU yesterday:

Eligibility: Recommended pass by Sydney VO on 28th oct
Criminality (or background, can't remember): Started yesterday (that was probably the reason for the GU)

File is being processed by Ottawa VO

Abdullokh1994

Feb 19, 2020
Jan-Apr for sure because Ottawa basically stopped processing for a couple of months. I'd expect when they resumed the FSW draws they had a plan.

Wow, looks like FSW applicants are officially screwed.

Can you please send a link to the page that you've attached as a screenshot? Thanks a lot!!

Bonny0080

Jul 10, 2020
Hello,

Cec Inland
Aor -14th july
Biometrics request - sep1st
Biometrics given -26th October
RPRF request - November 20
( paid same
Day)
No updates since then
I am using an agent, is there anyone in same situation like me.