caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes Yup, I am not physically present in Canada at the moment, that's why I used getgcms. The other replies seem contradictory to above.
Ok, if you are not inland then you do not qualify. Believe one of your posts indicated that you were, hence the other response.

Jan 25, 2021
I couldnt get transfered to an agent these days. I tried to call everyday and it's been 3 days already. They just said that the volumne of calls is too high that they couldn't connect me to the agent. Is anyone facing the same problem?

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
Yeah so I called IRCC today (finally after 20 attempts):
AOR JULY 1
CEC INLAND
CPC OTTAWA
As of Jan 11:
Eligibility: recommended passed
Security: pending
Criminality: pending
Med: might be extended or re-medical
Biometrics: OK

As of today Jan 25:
Eligibility, Security, and Criminality: All passed and updated Jan 22
Remedical request letter: also Jan 22 (per agent this is the last step they are waiting on for me to action on then officer can finalize my app and issue COPR)
Forgot to add: As per my GCMS notes before initial meds were passed back in Aug 21 with M1 S1 grade but it expired and now they want me to spend an another $330 + xray fees. lol but it is what it is.
already have an appt for med exam this Friday

Hoping for the best!!

Last edited:

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
I couldnt get transfered to an agent these days. I tried to call everyday and it's been 3 days already. They just said that the volumne of calls is too high that they couldn't connect me to the agent. Is anyone facing the same problem?
Yep had to try everyday for a week then i got in today.

jerome194

Oct 30, 2020
JUST GOT MY COPR! Thank you everyone for all the help. This is such big news for my wife and I. I originally applied for PNP by mail in 2018 and I got married a year after. I was very worried that my PNP application would get rejected because my wife and I lived in separate countries at that time. I applied via express entry when i got the ITA last year and in the mean time I was able to get an open work permit for my wife to come over (we applied for a visitor visa and it got rejected.)

I was super worried that the CIC would see our marriage as a "sham" despite us being together for almost 5 years even before I came to Canada and it means so much that we can finally move on with our lives with no weight on our shoulders on whether or not we can live together.

AOR: JULY 1, 2021
CEC INLAND

Review of eligibility
  • January 25, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • August 20, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • January 22, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • October 18, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • January 21, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • January 25, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
JUST GOT MY COPR! Thank you everyone for all the help. This is such big news for my wife and I. I originally applied for PNP by mail in 2018 and I got married a year after. I was very worried that my PNP application would get rejected because my wife and I lived in separate countries at that time. I applied via express entry when i got the ITA last year and in the mean time I was able to get an open work permit for my wife to come over (we applied for a visitor visa and it got rejected.)

I was super worried that the CIC would see our marriage as a "sham" despite us being together for almost 5 years even before I came to Canada and it means so much that we can finally move on with our lives with no weight on our shoulders on whether or not we can live together.

CEC INLAND

Review of eligibility
  • January 25, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
  • January 25, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
congrats !! this gives me a lot of hope since I am just waiting to have my remedical exam appt and for them to approved then I can have my COPR as well. AOR is same as yours :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
progress bar disappeared again just now...application changed from 20%... took longer.. to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." I guess another glitch in the system ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I thought I have to be physically present in Canada at the time of application. Can I re-apply now using Privacy act? Or will have to wait for my earlier request? Will submitting a new request affect my application in any negative way?
To be able to apply for GCMS notes udner the Privacy Act, you have to be a citizen, a PR or an individual or corporation present in Canada.

If you file a new request, it will be processed on its own merits. Requesting GCMS notes has no impact on the processing of your application, as your application is processed under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, whereas the GCMS notes are released under the ATI or Privacy Act. IRCC has clarified this:

However, when you apply under Privacy Act, make sure that you include a consent form from individuals in your application, as without their consent, IRCC will not release their information.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon Good day! I need your help. Do you know why the IRCC isn't replying to my web forms? I also contacted them through social media without success. I am outside Canada so I can't call them.
All IRCC;s lines of business are experiencing delays and this is due to office closures and staffing issues as a result of stringent lockdowns.

This will continue for the next few months.

Also, when you contact IRCC via social media, IRCC will only provide generic responses, and not tailored to your specific application.

Reactions: FlorYaskulowski

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

CEC INLAND

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Congratulations! :D

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

CEC INLAND

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Congratulations! Good that July 2020 AOR started getting COPR :)
By the way, you mentioned in JUNE 2020 AOR thread that you submitted some documents on 22 Jan 2021, would you mind sharing what document was asked OR you submitted proactively?

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
progress bar disappeared again just now...application changed from 20%... took longer.. to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." I guess another glitch in the system ?
Likewise, mine doesn't even say 20% of applications take a longer time to process.