+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Joining a DLI in Vancouver

AG1007

Jul 17, 2018
Hello,

I am planning to Join Rhodes Wellness College for their professional diploma in Counselling psychology. Though they have informed that studying with RWC will not get me PGWP, but they have many students who land a job post completion of the course. Since If I come I`ll be on a student loan. What is the best way yo go ahead? Should I continue with a registered institute to do a 1 year MA to get PGWP, or is their a possibility to land a job on Study permit and get a work permit in Vancouver or around?

Any suggestion will help me make my desicion better and sound. SInce the course is really good. I want to know ways I can repay my loan post completion of study.

thank you,
AG

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am planning to Join Rhodes Wellness College for their professional diploma in Counselling psychology. Though they have informed that studying with RWC will not get me PGWP, but they have many students who land a job post completion of the course. Since If I come I`ll be on a student loan. What is the best way yo go ahead? Should I continue with a registered institute to do a 1 year MA to get PGWP, or is their a possibility to land a job on Study permit and get a work permit in Vancouver or around?

Any suggestion will help me make my desicion better and sound. SInce the course is really good. I want to know ways I can repay my loan post completion of study.

thank you,
AG
Change schools and attend a public school or university instead. You will not get a PGWP once you complete your studies at RWC.

You should assume there is zero possibility you will land a job while on a study permit. To switch from a study permit to a close work permit, your employer would need to obtain an approved LMIA. This is a very long and expensive process for the employer with no guarantee of approval. The vast majority of employers are not willing to go through the process.

AG1007

Jul 17, 2018
Change schools and attend a public school or university instead. You will not get a PGWP once you complete your studies at RWC.

You should assume there is zero possibility you will land a job while on a study permit. To switch from a study permit to a close work permit, your employer would need to obtain an approved LMIA. This is a very long and expensive process for the employer with no guarantee of approval. The vast majority of employers are not willing to go through the process.
Thank you for informing. I have been looking for university where I can do the pre-req required for Counselling psychology and continue to pursue MA. Couldn`t come across many universities providing the pre-req. Could you advice how the job scenario is for Counsellors in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for informing. I have been looking for university where I can do the pre-req required for Counselling psychology and continue to pursue MA. Couldn`t come across many universities providing the pre-req. Could you advice how the job scenario is for Counsellors in Canada?
Sorry - I don't know. I'm not in that field.

Reactions: AG1007