+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jobs in the Creative/Media Industry

Brock2012

Jul 4, 2018
Hello I've previously studied abroad in Canada back in 2012, I've studied and worked in Scotland within the Creative/Media Industry and looking for the same in Canada I've been on several websites but does anyone know if any of these types of companies that are willing to hire international workers who want to become Canadian Citizens? Thanks in advance to any answers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello I've previously studied abroad in Canada back in 2012, I've studied and worked in Scotland within the Creative/Media Industry and looking for the same in Canada I've been on several websites but does anyone know if any of these types of companies that are willing to hire international workers who want to become Canadian Citizens? Thanks in advance to any answers.
To become a Canadian citizen, you must first become a permanent resident. There is no direct path to citizenship.

Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult / next to impossible to find employers in Canada willing to hire foreign workers. This is because the process to hire one is to long and expensive with no guarantee of approval at the end. There is no special web site for Canadian employers who are looking to hire foreign workers. You would need to apply through regular job sites like indeed and hope you get lucky.

If you hold the right citizenship and are the right age, then it's possible you might qualify for a Working Holiday Visa which would let you work in Canada for a period of time. You can find more information about this program here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp

If you don't qualify for the Working Holiday Visa program and your aim is to become a Canadian citizen, then you should focus on qualifying and applying for permanent residency. Forget about trying to find an employer and securing a closed work permit - very high probability that won't happen. Information about Canada's immigration programs is here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html