+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job title

Freenrich

Sep 19, 2019
Hi, I am currently in Toronto on the IEC visa and about to apply for EE under CEC.

I have worked for 16 months as a Sales Associate at a retail store however my job responsibilities since I began have most closely matched that of a Sales Supervisor, which is NOC class B.

I received a signed letter from the district manager confirming my job responsibilities match the job responsibilities of a supervisor, however my title is Sales Associate which I'm worried might result in the application being rejected. Do you guys think this will be ok to qualify as eligible for EE?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, I am currently in Toronto on the IEC visa and about to apply for EE under CEC.

I have worked for 16 months as a Sales Associate at a retail store however my job responsibilities since I began have most closely matched that of a Sales Supervisor, which is NOC class B.

I received a signed letter from the district manager confirming my job responsibilities match the job responsibilities of a supervisor, however my title is Sales Associate which I'm worried might result in the application being rejected. Do you guys think this will be ok to qualify as eligible for EE?
Sorry, hard to say how IRCC will view this one, it will depend a lot on the job duties and responsibilities. They can´t make a decision based on the job title, but they can take it in as part of the overall "evidence" you provide. The job duties and responsibilities should be the basis of the decision, feel free to share those here, if you want an opinion.

But even in the best case scenario, there is the possibility that IRCC will at least take a very close look at it. Getting your employer to include the NOC code in your letter may help, but there is no guarantee. You will have to deal with that uncertainty if you apply.

Freenrich

Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

As my department is small, the sales staff are required to manage the department. My pay does reflect the extra responsibilities, however my job title does not. The district manager is also happy to back this up if they were to call him for a reference.

Here are my responsibilities:

• Supervises and coordinates Digital Appliance and Consumer Electronics department sales staff.

• Helps assign sales workers to duties and assists in preparing work schedules.

• Authorizes payments and the return of merchandise.

• Assists in approaching customers, demoing products and processing sales when required.

• Resolves issues that may arise, including customer requests, complaints and supply shortages.

• Performs key holding and managerial duties if required, such as opening and closing the store, managing escalated complaints, developing and implementing marketing strategies, and signing for deliveries.

• Prepares reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters.

• Assists in the hiring and training of new store staff and monitors and reports on performance.

• Ensures the visual standards and image of the store are maintained, such as store displays, signage and cleanliness.

• Maintains specified inventory for TVs, Audio, Appliances and accessories and the order of merchandise.