+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job search tools

Maria Cecilia

Apr 20, 2020
Could you provide some job search tools. I'm looking for a professor, teacher or research position (physical education, physical activity, health)?

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
What is your status in Canada- temporary resident/permanent resident/no status? Depending on it I can suggest resources

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
You can try job portal but chances of getting a job from outside Canada with no status are very slim.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Taking advantage of this...can you provide me info? I'm in the last step to get the PR. Thanks
When you say last stage to get PR? Are you waiting for COPR/PPR? If so when do you plan to land. There are groups and resources that can help in job search when you are close to Landing

SergioH

Jul 30, 2020
When you say last stage to get PR? Are you waiting for COPR/PPR? If so when do you plan to land. There are groups and resources that can help in job search when you are close to Landing
The point is that I should have received my COPR last year but due to the fact that I had to add our new baby the application is taking long. I'm examining several options when I receive the COPR, including a soft land.
As I'm a police officer I've been in contact with some police departments in different provinces. There is a possibility called "lateral entry" for international applicants but until I get the landed immigrant status or the PR status they do not count on me. So, I'm open to other options but I need to get a job as soon as I receive the COPR before my family goes to Canada.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
The point is that I should have received my COPR last year but due to the fact that I had to add our new baby the application is taking long. I'm examining several options when I receive the COPR, including a soft land.
As I'm a police officer I've been in contact with some police departments in different provinces. There is a possibility called "lateral entry" for international applicants but until I get the landed immigrant status or the PR status they do not count on me. So, I'm open to other options but I need to get a job as soon as I receive the COPR before my family goes to Canada.
All the best. I am too familiar with police, public service or security services sector but I am sure it has openings. You should wait for getting the copr and then it's easier to find relevant positions.