+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Prospects for Professionals in Climate Change,Sustainability Environmental Policy Fields

ThangLadd

Oct 14, 2019
Hi All,
I have good quality experience (7 out of my 15 years experience) in the fields of climate change,sustainability and have conducted stakeholder engagement in field for a company to help them assess their impacts on the local community/environment due to their operations

What are the job prospects for people like me? If getting the desired job profile looks dim in Canada, can i take up lower skills jobs such as admin assistant,clerk to gain foothold in Canadian workforce and then leverage that experience to land up with the intended job profile that i'm looking at?

I'm in two minds regarding this, as i feel very few companies might be willing to perform LMIA to accommodate me for sustainability or environmental policy positions in Canada

And let me also admit that to me landing in Canada at any cost is important for my career goals for the next 5-7 years. If this extracts a 1 year price in terms of low end jobs to gain a foothold in Canada, i'm willing to pay that as well for the tradeoff

Friends and active members please advise. As your valuable inputs will help me plough my next course of action