+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer

Sivaraja

Nov 16, 2017
Hi ,

Am applying for express entry in Canadian experience class and I worked in a full time job for one year . We included job offer in our express entry profile and we got ITA too .

But now we came to know that we should provide supporting documents for my job offer stating that my offer is valid one year after getting my permanent residence .

In my case , my job offer is a full time and not on seasonal basis. And I am working in closed work permit for past 15 months and my work permit is extended till Oct 2018(passport expires on Oct) . So do I still need supporting documents to support my job offer .

I guess it's tough to get that supporting document . So could you please advise me . Shall I go ahead and submit my documents or its better to decline my invitation now and take other alternatives to boost my score .

Thanks in advance!

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
If your CRS score minus the points for your job offer is still above the cutoff, you can submit a LOE explaining the your situation. Otherwise yes you need to decline because your application will be refused for sure anyway. Unless you can get a longer job offer.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in the same boat. It would be good to know what you plan to do In this situation.
Do you have enough points without the job offer points? If not, you have to decline the ITA.

Sivaraja

Nov 16, 2017
Do you have enough points without the job offer points? If not, you have to decline the ITA.
Thanks for your reply !

No we dont have sufficient points without job offer . But we have full time job offer which has starting date as July 31st , 2016 and without any end date. Its not seasonal and not on contract basis. We just don't have the supporting document from HR stating that it will be valid for another one year after getting our PR. But anyhow they are going to extend my work permit and I will be here for another 3 years. Can I provide any other alternate document for this ?

Your help is greatly appreciated !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply !

No we dont have sufficient points without job offer . But we have full time job offer which has starting date as July 31st , 2016 and without any end date. Its not seasonal and not on contract basis. We just don't have the supporting document from HR stating that it will be valid for another one year after getting our PR. But anyhow they are going to extend my work permit and I will be here for another 3 years. Can I provide any other alternate document for this ?

Your help is greatly appreciated !
As far as I know there's no alternative to the letter stating your job is valid for one year after getting PR. I'm sure others will comment.

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
I second, you need a job offer for at least one year after your PR. Basically the job offer must fulfill all the requirements listed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

A no fixed-term position (i.e., it can end anytime) will not work because you need to prove that your employer made you a job offer for at least one year after the issue of your permanent resident visa. If your company wants to extend your WP for 3 years, just go and talk to them, let them know that you need a contract with a fixed length for your immigration process.

Sivaraja

Nov 16, 2017
I second, you need a job offer for at least one year after your PR. Basically the job offer must fulfill all the requirements listed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

A no fixed-term position (i.e., it can end anytime) will not work because you need to prove that your employer made you a job offer for at least one year after the issue of your permanent resident visa. If your company wants to extend your WP for 3 years, just go and talk to them, let them know that you need a contract with a fixed length for your immigration process.
Sure . Let me try .Thank You !

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
As far as I know there's no alternative to the letter stating your job is valid for one year after getting PR. I'm sure others will comment.
This has been revised scylla : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1317&top=29

In my own case offer letter is open ended, it does not have any end date for my role within the org in Canada... secondly, my EVL/Reference Letter that I got from my office, does not mention that I will have the job for another 1 yr.
I am an ICT, offered the role in Aug 2016 and moved here in Feb 2017. I have claimed 50 points for the valid job offer and points for 1yr CEC.
At present my application is in process and my eligibility has been completed and has been recommended pass...

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
This has been revised scylla : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1317&top=29

In my own case offer letter is open ended, it does not have any end date for my role within the org in Canada... secondly, my EVL/Reference Letter that I got from my office, does not mention that I will have the job for another 1 yr.
I am an ICT, offered the role in Aug 2016 and moved here in Feb 2017. I have claimed 50 points for the valid job offer and points for 1yr CEC.
At present my application is in process and my eligibility has been completed and has been recommended pass...
I guess it totally depends on the visa officer. See my case as of May 23 2018 my eligibility is still under review with a point mentioned additional review Required according to the notes made by the initial immigration analyst against my claim for additional points for job offer. Because when I had called CIC twice before I ordered GCMS the agent on the phone kept telling me that I cleared eligibility and criminality and security and finally when I received my notes it was eligibility still under review. Criminality passed and medical passed. So I guess you just have to take a chance. I don't know what more these guys want as proof I have been with my prgaorganiza past 6 years and I have submitted all documents to prove I am a full time permanent employee . Frustrating actually.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I guess it totally depends on the visa officer. See my case as of May 23 2018 my eligibility is still under review with a point mentioned additional review Required according to the notes made by the initial immigration analyst against my claim for additional points for job offer. Because when I had called CIC twice before I ordered GCMS the agent on the phone kept telling me that I cleared eligibility and criminality and security and finally when I received my notes it was eligibility still under review. Criminality passed and medical passed. So I guess you just have to take a chance. I don't know what more these guys want as proof I have been with my prgaorganiza past 6 years and I have submitted all documents to prove I am a full time permanent employee . Frustrating actually.
Yeah I agree with you on the part that this depends on the case officer... I hear your frustration... what is even more bizarre is that they tell you over the phone that Eligibility is cleared where as the notes say it is under review... totally out of sync...
btw after you got your notes, did you call up IRCC again as a follow - up(I remembered you mentioned you raised CSE and got a reply that docs are in order..) anything after that ? Did you also speak to your employer if they received anything from IRCC ?

The situation always reminds me of my school and university days, how will the professor evaluate my answer sheet today :D

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah I agree with you on the part that this depends on the case officer... I hear your frustration... what is even more bizarre is that they tell you over the phone that Eligibility is cleared where as the notes say it is under review... totally out of sync...
btw after you got your notes, did you call up IRCC again as a follow - up(I remembered you mentioned you raised CSE and got a reply that docs are in order..) anything after that ? Did you also speak to your employer if they received anything from IRCC ?

The situation always reminds me of my school and university days, how will the professor evaluate my answer sheet today :D
No nothing after the reply I received for my CSE. I never called them again. I don't think I would it's just waste of time. And it's stressful too. Cos they say one and the actuals are different. I spoke to my HR head whose initials are on my offer and reference letters he said he hasn't received any call or email from CIC. And he said if at all he receives he will take care of it.. So I am just waiting hoping things will move in my favour . Fingers crossed.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
No nothing after the reply I received for my CSE. I never called them again. I don't think I would it's just waste of time. And it's stressful too. Cos they say one and the actuals are different. I spoke to my HR head whose initials are on my offer and reference letters he said he hasn't received any call or email from CIC. And he said if at all he receives he will take care of it.. So I am just waiting hoping things will move in my favour . Fingers crossed.
It will all work out in your favor buddy