+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job/Money Questions

Mythranda

Oct 20, 2017
1. I am the primary applicant and have enough experience in my previous NOC 0 level job to apply for CEC. However, my current job is not a NOC level associated with CEC. So, in the question 'Does MY NAME have a job offer in Canada?' do I say No?

2. My common law partner was recently let go from his job (worst time possible but hey-ho), can we still apply with him as unemployed or will this affect our chances?

3. To clarify, as I will be applying through CEC, for the question 'How much money (in Canadian dollars) will MY NAME bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?' Can I put $0? Do I just put it in my LOE?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
1. I am the primary applicant and have enough experience in my previous NOC 0 level job to apply for CEC. However, my current job is not a NOC level associated with CEC. So, in the question 'Does MY NAME have a job offer in Canada?' do I say No?

Regardless of whether or not your current job is skill level O, A or B, merely having a job is not the same thing as having a "valid job offer." So answer "no" and if you are curious what a "valid job offer" is, you can read here -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html

2. My common law partner was recently let go from his job (worst time possible but hey-ho), can we still apply with him as unemployed or will this affect our chances?
No, it will not affect your eligibility.

3. To clarify, as I will be applying through CEC, for the question 'How much money (in Canadian dollars) will MY NAME bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?' Can I put $0? Do I just put it in my LOE?
You can put 0, you can put the actual amount, it does not matter. You will simply upload the statement that you are applying under CEC and are not required to provide proof of funds.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Do you still put zero when creating the profile or after ITA because there is a similar question when creating profile