CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Hello so I am currently waiting for PPR and im in the 7 month since I submitted my application. Last couple of times I have called CIC has said this "everything appears to be good with your application we are processing your background check. It's been like this since ghost update in early January. I applied for CEC class me and my common law. I just ordered Gcms notes.

I am very worried as although for my work experience I had in Canada I got them to list my job duties etc. The other references I got from UK did not include it even though I requested it. So I included my contract. Paystubs everything else is good. It's just that.

I have read many threads about this and there isn't much clarity on this atall..

I am wondering if it's likely they will ask for more documents to support my work experience if I didn't give enough? I am hoping they wouldn't straight out reject it just based on that.

I am gathering those extra documents now and I don't know if I should wait for CIC to see if they ask for them or upload them anyway regardless (as I am worried it will add significant delays to my application) or wait for Gcms notes.

In myCIC it says
It's says "We are currently reviewing if you meet the eligibility requirements" it's said that since the start I am pretty sure. Under additional documents it says "we do not need any additional documents" and under background check it says "we are processing your background check". Medicals passed October 2018, November background check status changed and additional documents, ghost update in January. Nothing since. Called CIC last week and they said they will send an email to Ottawa processing office to try and speed things up (yeah right).

It's worth also mentioning and I don't know if it matters I submitted the same pay stubs contract and work experience letters for the bridging work permit to prove my experience and that got approved.

I am so confused and worried about what to do if anything. Please help.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
  • Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
  • Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Yeringfriend1993

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello so I am currently waiting for PPR and im in the 7 month since I submitted my application. Last couple of times I have called CIC has said this "everything appears to be good with your application we are processing your background check. It's been like this since ghost update in early January. I applied for CEC class me and my common law. I just ordered Gcms notes.

I am very worried as although for my work experience I had in Canada I got them to list my job duties etc. The other references I got from UK did not include it even though I requested it. So I included my contract. Paystubs everything else is good. It's just that.

I have read many threads about this and there isn't much clarity on this atall..
Well, IRCC is very clear that a letter of employment, including job duties and responsibilities, is mandatory. You are expected to make a good faith effort to get it. Anytime a mandatory document is missing (or has a missing piece) you need to write a letter of explanation about how you tried to get it, and why you couldn't, along with some kind of proof of your claim. Then you need to provide alternative documentation.

As far as I can tell, you have provided some alternative documentation, but you have not indicated whether you provided this explanation, or not. Doesn't matter how many other documents you throw at IRCC, if you do not explain why you did not give them what they asked for.

It is true that many applicants face this same situation (lack of job duties/ responsibilities) in the letter. Their efforts to address this deficiency vary, so they get varying responses from IRCC. As far as I can tell, writing the letter of explanation makes a big difference.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Well, IRCC is very clear that a letter of employment, including job duties and responsibilities, is mandatory. You are expected to make a good faith effort to get it. Anytime a mandatory document is missing (or has a missing piece) you need to write a letter of explanation about how you tried to get it, and why you couldn't, along with some kind of proof of your claim. Then you need to provide alternative documentation.

As far as I can tell, you have provided some alternative documentation, but you have not indicated whether you provided this explanation, or not. Doesn't matter how many other documents you throw at IRCC, if you do not explain why you did not give them what they asked for.

It is true that many applicants face this same situation (lack of job duties/ responsibilities) in the letter. Their efforts to address this deficiency vary, so they get varying responses from IRCC. As far as I can tell, writing the letter of explanation makes a big difference.
So I actually did write a letter of explanation explaining that the references letters they gave me were generic and that if they need any further information contact information for both HR departments of the jobs in question were on there.

But I am wondering for my piece of mind if I get those job responsibilities should I change my letter of explanation then upload the two new documents. As the HR people have changed now at both companies and I've already managed to get one with the job responsibilities I am just waiting for the other? or should I just leave it and see if they request extra documents.

Its such a mix bag when I looked at this on other forums all I could find was one thread of a guy from India where he didn't submit job duties and they rejection him based on not having enough information and they didn't think the job references he provided matched the NOC he applied within. Then another a guy posted similar thing not sure where he was applying from and people posted replies later down the line asking what happened and he never replied so who knows what happened. I found one thread a guy that got a soft ask for extra documents to back up his NOC as he didn't submit job responsibilities.

I just don't want to get rejected otherwise I am pretty well screwed because of the length of time this application is taking. Each application is so unique and each application seems to have a different level of scrutiny associated with it.

I've ordered GCMS but that will take 30 days to come and it may be too late by then.

Thanks for your advice

This is not a process for the faint hearted.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018

Ok so I have managed to get one of the 2 companies to send me a letter with the job responsibilities and one as sent me an email basically stating that they cannot provide that information as the job has evolved since I left. Should I just upload the email and the new letter with a new letter of explanation or should I just leave it? I am really concerned.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ok so I have managed to get one of the 2 companies to send me a letter with the job responsibilities and one as sent me an email basically stating that they cannot provide that information as the job has evolved since I left. Should I just upload the email and the new letter with a new letter of explanation or should I just leave it? I am really concerned.
Yes, upload them - hopefully it will be in time, hopefully it will help -

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Yes, upload them - hopefully it will be in time, hopefully it will help -
It won't actually let me upload not sure if thats because its gone to "we do not need any additional documents" I followed the instructions on CICs website I can only submit via the web form

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It won't actually let me upload not sure if thats because its gone to "we do not need any additional documents" I followed the instructions on CICs website I can only submit via the web form
Yes, upload them using the webform, this is the only way to submit additions/changes to your application -

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Yes, upload them using the webform, this is the only way to submit additions/changes to your application -
Thanks so much for your help I have done this now. All I can do is hope. But thanks for taking the time to help me.

Reactions: jes_ON