+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<JANUARY 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

witwct030

Apr 15, 2023
@nerdsh88t Thanks for introducing me to gcms I actually had no idea what that was. I guess I'll wait a bit longer before ordering it, please do update us with your experience here when you get a response from them. Yes this is very frustrating, life is at a pause atm waiting for a reply but I guess anything with 6 months is normal.

@iSaidGoodDay Thank you for your reassuring words. You are right that anything within 6 months is to be expected. It's really hard to plan ahead when you start getting doubts on your application o_O:p but I'm trying. Any advice on how long I should wait before trying to contact IRCC for an update?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you for your reassuring words. You are right that anything within 6 months is to be expected. It's really hard to plan ahead when you start getting doubts on your application o_O:p but I'm trying. Any advice on how long I should wait before trying to contact IRCC for an update?
4 months should be a decent time to contact/order GCMS.

Btw, why doubt your application? You are already R10 pass (completeness check that happens before you get BIL). If you believe your documentation was done right, don't worry at all. I'm saying this because I'm a diabetic and I was worried about not even getting past MEP - I read a lot about PFL on this forum and it was incredibly helpful.

I stopped worrying as I learned more and more. Fortunate/Unfortunate for me, I was thinking about not even looking at GCKey for another 3 months after UCI change - but got my RFV way before that. I spent most of my Feb, March and April figuring out housing. I already have a Canadian job, but I'm helping my spouse with their job search and things are a bit rushed here. I was thinking to start looking for housing, spouse's job, etc around end of April - so this mean't a lot of deviation for me.

You are FSW-O like me, here's what you can do to make your transition smoother to Canada post PPR:
1. Figure out 2-3 cities where you'll (and your dependent, if any) get a job. See volumes of jobs available, take 1 hour calls with people in your target job title (better if they are immigrants as you can learn a lot more) + city(s) - map this part out.
2. If you are thinking GTA/GVA, it is fine - but then figure out neighbourhoods where you'd like to live and see what rent/mortgage you'd like to pay. Rent is going to hurt you a lot more as a new immigrant. The issue you are likely to face is people won't even rent out a decent place to you without a proof of income. See what you can do here and what your best options are. Airbnbs can cost you a lot - if job + housing both are going to take 2 months+ how'll you manage that stress? It literally breaks down newcomer PRs.
3. Do you have a kid? See areas where you'd like them to attend schools (you'll literally have to live close to those schools) and figure out daycare if you need it. People are waiting for months for daycare right now.
4. Planning to bring on a pet? Well, join my party. There are so many surprises here.
5. Figure out car license. Might as well learn everything you need to pass the writing test. Because, why not? :D
6. If you got #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 covered - then look at the nice stuff that Canad a has to offer? You like to run, cycle, canoe, etc? You like to experience culture? You like to party? Want to spend first few years networking and growing professionally? You need to see where you can get those things - that's why you are moving right. Build a life for yourself.

I might have missed so much while writing the list above. But as you can guess, it is quite a lot of work. Settling is a very long journey and the earlier you start, the better you'll be.

• Love
Reactions: witwct030 and loocy

YounGo85

Mar 21, 2023
Hi,

I am an Fsw Outland applicant
ITA : 23 nov
AOR : Jan 6, 2023
Not a single update in my gc account
UCI still shows the one with : CAN 000000
Have called ircc, they just tell me that i have to wait, the processing time for my category is 27 months.

Is there anyone in the same situation as me ?

Thanks for responding

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,

I am an Fsw Outland applicant
ITA : 23 nov
AOR : Jan 6, 2023
Not a single update in my gc account
UCI still shows the one with : CAN 000000
Have called ircc, they just tell me that i have to wait, the processing time for my category is 27 months.

Is there anyone in the same situation as me ?

Thanks for responding
Not going to say that this is pretty common, but you are going to find a considerable number of cases in the forum where there are cases like yours. You can go through older AOR threads to see similar cases.

YounGo85

Mar 21, 2023
Not going to say that this is pretty common, but you are going to find a considerable number of cases in the forum where there are cases like yours. You can go through older AOR threads to see similar cases.
I see...
I just wonder why there are cases like ours with no update, while in the same time many other application are processed rapidly, the method of first sent first processed is not employed.

I just have to wait...

Thanks for your message

Reactions: gurramsantosh

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I see...
I just wonder why there are cases like ours with no update, while in the same time many other application are processed rapidly, the method of first sent first processed is not employed.

I just have to wait...

Thanks for your message
You didn't tip your IRCC guy well enough I guess :D

Jokes aside, it could be anything - docs stuck in verification, case reassigned to other officers quite frequently as the ones who got assigned ran out of capacity, a newbie working on your application, etc - who knows. You are almost nearing 4 months with April end - you can file a GCMS note to learn about why your application is stuck.

If I were in your place, I'd be a little uneasy too. Totally understandable reaction on your part. If you were MEP and Biometrics linked stage, there would be no reason to even think. You can try the GCMS route to get peace of mind here.

Reactions: YounGo85

YounGo85

Mar 21, 2023
You didn't tip your IRCC guy well enough I guess :D

Jokes aside, it could be anything - docs stuck in verification, case reassigned to other officers quite frequently as the ones who got assigned ran out of capacity, a newbie working on your application, etc - who knows. You are almost nearing 4 months with April end - you can file a GCMS note to learn about why your application is stuck.

If I were in your place, I'd be a little uneasy too. Totally understandable reaction on your part. If you were MEP and Biometrics linked stage, there would be no reason to even think. You can try the GCMS route to get peace of mind here.
That's just my luck I suppose !!! I have to distribute as much as I can of tips and goodies ;P
Your advice is very precious, it's the only road that I have to explore now.
Thanks to you ;-)

Last edited:

loocy

Mar 31, 2023

Btw, why doubt your application? You are already R10 pass (completeness check that happens before you get BIL). If you believe your documentation was done right, don't worry at all. I'm saying this because I'm a diabetic and I was worried about not even getting past MEP - I read a lot about PFL on this forum and it was incredibly helpful.

I stopped worrying as I learned more and more. Fortunate/Unfortunate for me, I was thinking about not even looking at GCKey for another 3 months after UCI change - but got my RFV way before that. I spent most of my Feb, March and April figuring out housing. I already have a Canadian job, but I'm helping my spouse with their job search and things are a bit rushed here. I was thinking to start looking for housing, spouse's job, etc around end of April - so this mean't a lot of deviation for me.

You are FSW-O like me, here's what you can do to make your transition smoother to Canada post PPR:
1. Figure out 2-3 cities where you'll (and your dependent, if any) get a job. See volumes of jobs available, take 1 hour calls with people in your target job title (better if they are immigrants as you can learn a lot more) + city(s) - map this part out.
2. If you are thinking GTA/GVA, it is fine - but then figure out neighbourhoods where you'd like to live and see what rent/mortgage you'd like to pay. Rent is going to hurt you a lot more as a new immigrant. The issue you are likely to face is people won't even rent out a decent place to you without a proof of income. See what you can do here and what your best options are. Airbnbs can cost you a lot - if job + housing both are going to take 2 months+ how'll you manage that stress? It literally breaks down newcomer PRs.
3. Do you have a kid? See areas where you'd like them to attend schools (you'll literally have to live close to those schools) and figure out daycare if you need it. People are waiting for months for daycare right now.
4. Planning to bring on a pet? Well, join my party. There are so many surprises here.
5. Figure out car license. Might as well learn everything you need to pass the writing test. Because, why not? :D
6. If you got #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 covered - then look at the nice stuff that Canad a has to offer? You like to run, cycle, canoe, etc? You like to experience culture? You like to party? Want to spend first few years networking and growing professionally? You need to see where you can get those things - that's why you are moving right. Build a life for yourself.

I might have missed so much while writing the list above. But as you can guess, it is quite a lot of work. Settling is a very long journey and the earlier you start, the better you'll be.

This is awesome, thank you!

Reactions: TamiB12345

witwct030

Apr 15, 2023
@iSaidGoodDay Thanks for such a comprehensive reply, really living up to your “Hero Member” status!

Reading through the PFLs on this site is exactly why I have started to have doubts :p

Not sure if I’m overthinking but I’m concerned I messed up somewhere unknowingly and the IRCC seems to be very unforgiving. One thing I recently found out and that keeps bothering me is that in an earlier visa application my spouse submitted a document where the timeline of their addresses does not match with what I have submitted now. Basically, the addresses are in the same city, the current address is correct too but the date my spouse moved into the current address (which is our address together) does not match on both documents (by months).

Although this technically has no bearing on my application but I am not sure how to deal with it considering peoples past experiences with PFLs. Should I try to bring this to their attention by raising a form or is it too late now and I should let it be.

Pavitar334

Apr 18, 2023
ITA - Jan 11
Submitted -Jan 17
AOR - Jan 17
Medical exam passed - Jan 25
Biomedical- Jan 31

The ircc tracker says eligibility still in procrss. My friend ready got his COPR last week but still nothing on my file.

GG_MM

Jun 20, 2022
Received the PPR today. My best wishes to everyone. Hope everybody receives the golden email soon.

Reactions: Aoko

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
ITA - Jan 11
Submitted -Jan 17
AOR - Jan 17
Medical exam passed - Jan 25
Biomedical- Jan 31

The ircc tracker says eligibility still in procrss. My friend ready got his COPR last week but still nothing on my file.
Does your friend have the same timeline as you? As I am in the same boat as you.