+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Mrsweets

Jan 13, 2020
Please make sure to change filename and email subject as mentioned in letter. I have lost one month due to not changing the name of scanned file to my last name and application number. I got a final notice to submit the files otherwise my application will be abandoned. I was surprised that woooooooooo why they sent notice as i have already submitted passport online. Finally, a careful reading of requirement letter and final notice, I realized that IRCC want me to change the subject of reply email and filename.
Lol it's funny you said that. When I woke up this morning something told me to read the letter again and then I see it says change the file name as well as email subject. I resent the email the correct way right away to avoid delays.

Brian2015

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Im
Hi guys, i live in Montreal. I submitted my citizenship application December 2019 and it's still in process. Background check only is completed so far. Is it normal for the process to take this long? Anyone is experiencing a similar delay? Thanks
Im The same as you. Submitted in jan 2020. Completed the test in April 2021. Still no movement.

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Lol it's funny you said that. When I woke up this morning something told me to read the letter again and then I see it says change the file name as well as email subject. I resent the email the correct way right away to avoid delays.
Actually its not funny. This forum is to share your experiences and thoughts. your SOMETHING may not tell you every time what to do......LOL

topgun94

Jul 14, 2018
My citizenship application has been in decision made status since July 20th. It is now more than 3 months and no sign of oath invite. Is there any way to prompt IRCC to look at my file and send me an oath invite?

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
My citizenship application has been in decision made status since July 20th. It is now more than 3 months and no sign of oath invite. Is there any way to prompt IRCC to look at my file and send me an oath invite?
Let me know if you find a way..

Reactions: diana98

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I waited for more than 5 months after decision made so your timing could be "normal" (in IRCC terms LOL)... During that time I sent my local IRCC office emails but not sure if that helped or not. I feel that contacting the local office is much more helpful than calling the call centre or sending the web form tho!

ketti

Feb 23, 2021
I am in the same boat. decision made July 7th s citizenship ceremony was updated on August 27 and scheduled on september 17th . since then nothing . i have been contacting everyone for this because i need my passport to travel in back home for my Dad funeral and nobody is saying anything substantial. Where location is your file being processed?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am in the same boat. decision made July 7th s citizenship ceremony was updated on August 27 and scheduled on september 17th . since then nothing . i have been contacting everyone for this because i need my passport to travel in back home for my Dad funeral and nobody is saying anything substantial. Where location is your file being processed?
So, you did the ceremony, received your certificate and waiting the passport?