+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

nali23

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Do you not have access to GCKey? If it says ‘your medical results have been received’ on ECAS that means you have passed otherwise they would have notified you of additional tests by now.
Thanks for replying...i new to this so am getting used to using this forum. I got a lawyer to submit it all for me. I don't have a GC key-how can i get one? i just use the online tool to check. Does the GC key have more details? if so I will try to get one asap

nali23

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
There have been no transfers of Pakistani files from December onwards, call it discrimination or whatever, but it's true.
If they transfer files now that means 6-7 months on average, and London processes files in 4-5 months minimum. So expected timeline for Pakistanis in 14-18 months.
We are in that 20% of applications not processed in 12 months average. Because of course only London can process our applications, as we are from another planet.
omg that is so unfair.....how do we know that all pakistanis cases are transferred to LVO? any reason as to why our page hasn't been updated since feb? we have a newborn baby, so hard without my husband here. Is there any way to expedite ?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thanks for replying...i new to this so am getting used to using this forum. I got a lawyer to submit it all for me. I don't have a GC key-how can i get one? i just use the online tool to check. Does the GC key have more details? if so I will try to get one asap
Unfortunately you cannot link your application to a GCKey account if you have a lawyer as your representative. You will have to remove them first via ‘remove a rep’ form first.

Last edited:
Reactions: nali23

nali23

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Unfortunately you cannot have link your application to a GCKey account if you have a lawyer as your representative. You will have to remove them first via ‘remove a rep’ form first.
is it different from the online tool where i type in my application number?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
is it different from the online tool where i type in my application number?
It only shows the PA’s side of the processing in detail compared to ECAS where it gives dates of when medical is passed and specify when biometrics is completed and also displays when the Background Check and Eligibility check are in process and review respectively. You can ask your rep to provide you with this information too.

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Unfortunately you cannot have link your application to a GCKey account if you have a lawyer as your representative. You will have to remove them first via ‘remove a rep’ form first.

I have a lawyer as my representative, and I was still able to link my application to GCKey. I'm able to access both GCKey and ECAS. I didn't have to remove my rep.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I have a lawyer as my representative, and I was still able to link my application to GCKey. I'm able to access both GCKey and ECAS. I didn't have to remove my rep.
My information is correct and picked up from the official website.

1. An immigration representative is handling your file.

If you have hired a representative, only the representative can access the application status through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal. You must remove the representative from your file to link your application.

Upload the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to your account, with “cancelling the appointment of a representative” selected on the form. Once we check the form, you will be able to access information about your application.

If you need to update your representative information, see: If I change my representative, do I have to tell Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=23.4

zainxo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
on the gckey it says backaround check is in process but doesnt tell you how far in backaroud check and also is everyone receving estimate timing on thier gckey

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
on the gckey it says backaround check is in process but doesnt tell you how far in backaroud check and also is everyone receving estimate timing on thier gckey
You don’t get an estimate time on BGC. The only time BGC gets a date it was completed (same way medicals has a date) is when your file processing is complete, your passport is stamped with the counterfoil (visa) and your COPR is issued. That’s when GCKey status shows approved and BGC has the date. So no way to know before that.

zainxo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
You don’t get an estimate time on BGC. The only time BGC gets a date it was completed (same way medicals has a date) is when your file processing is complete, your passport is stamped with the counterfoil (visa) and your COPR is issued. That’s when GCKey status shows approved and BGC has the date. So no way to know before that.
mine says jan 3 2019 estimate time jan 3 2020 to complted 7 month