+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Italy PCC legalization (attestation) required?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi @scylla , @jes_ON , and experts!
I am in pursuance to obtain italian PCC directly from prosecutor of the replublic office, after I obtain it, do it needs to be legalized/attested/appostille/notarized as well? As after i obtain it, i will get certified english translation from some AITO translator in toronto. But does it require legalization, as it takes longer time from the same issuing authority i.e. prosecutor of republic office in italy and costs extra bucks and would be difficult for me as getting thru my reference in italy. I will upload colored scanned copies of certified translatation affixed with pcc obtained in italian language.
Kinfly advice

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
If it's in Italian, you need naturalization so your officer can understand. If it's in English then no worries.

All the best,

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
If it's in Italian, you need naturalization so your officer can understand. If it's in English then no worries.

All the best,
Its in italian, but before translation do i need legalization? As in italy same office issues pcc with round stamp, revenue stamp and sign with on front. By default it doesn't comes with legalization but if u want to get it legalized, then u submit ur pcc to same office, and attorney will legalize it, which takes time and extra bucks...the question is can i bypass legalization and bring this pcc here in canada and get its certified translation thru some AITO translator? Would that be OK?
While uploading i will upload original's scanned copy with certified translated one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have no idea.

Reactions: jojee2k6

Atty64

Oct 23, 2018
Hello jojee
I did the same for my self and my daughter, no any legalization is needed for Italian police certificates, they are issued from "procura della repubblica", then they are already legalized in Italy, just official recognized translator.
Good luck for your application

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello jojee
I did the same for my self and my daughter, no any legalization is needed for Italian police certificates, they are issued from "procura della repubblica", then they are already legalized in Italy, just official recognized translator.
Good luck for your application
great Thanks man! that's comforting, same logic I had, as being issued from 'procura della republica', then why would we need second authentication level by going thru legalization.

I tell you my scenario in past, when I was in Milan, I booked online the two certificates, then I went to tribunale, collected immediately from counter the two requested certificates, and then someone told me it needs legalization, so I went to civil secretariat office in same building and submitted to attorney office, they returned me back the certificates with additional stamp and sign on back blank-side, and costed extra bucks and time...then I came out and got certified translation from translators nearby tribunale (court) area (procura della republica).

So this time, I again needed those two certificates as applying for PR as CEC in-land, so I was thinking to bypass the legalization, as the idea is my referral will collect certificates from that office, and will dispatch me, once I receive, I will get Certified translation here in Toronto from AITO member translator.

Thanks again! it's very comforting now!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I have no idea.
Thanks @scylla , the logical reasoning was based on the assumption about Canada is out of hauge convention, something like that I read on forums, so was thinking perhaps legalization is not being explicitly required, given that we provide certified translation of non-english documents. can you shed further light about this, albeit @Atty64 shared his experience! :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks @scylla , the logical reasoning was based on the assumption about Canada is out of hauge convention, something like that I read on forums, so was thinking perhaps legalization is not being explicitly required, given that we provide certified translation of non-english documents. can you shed further light about this, albeit @Atty64 shared his experience! :)
Sorry - still no idea.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
@Atty64 : just to be sure, can you please verify by cross-checking your italian PCC with below image:

https://imgur.com/a/kG4wSKZ

Above screen-shot contains front and back-page stamps, can you please verify is there anything on back-page of your PCC?
Jeez, man! I am getting super conscious about this thing!

Atty64

Oct 23, 2018
jojee, I'm not sure if you are Italian, if so I can explain that much better.
However in what I know I had to legalize just Italian ID, if you have one. NO ANY OTHER DOCUMENT.
For anyone in this forum, just be extremely cautious to do something extra in Italy as by "someone" suggestion, of course you could spend extra money doing something wrong in the same time, including translations. It happens to me as well but you know there is a particular Italian bad word to be used to send people away in this cases.
It is curious and funny to see legalization of a document issued by same authority in your PCC. I suppose you have two documents like that, as you need "Certificato Carichi Pendenti" and "Certificato Generale Casellario Giudiziale".
So, in the back side my documents are absolutely blank.
In the other hand I see issue date in your PCC, if I remember well it seems PCC are valid within 1 year of issue date, so double check.
Ciao

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
jojee, I'm not sure if you are Italian, if so I can explain that much better.
However in what I know I had to legalize just Italian ID, if you have one. NO ANY OTHER DOCUMENT.
For anyone in this forum, just be extremely cautious to do something extra in Italy as by "someone" suggestion, of course you could spend extra money doing something wrong in the same time, including translations. It happens to me as well but you know there is a particular Italian bad word to be used to send people away in this cases.
It is curious and funny to see legalization of a document issued by same authority in your PCC. I suppose you have two documents like that, as you need "Certificato Carichi Pendenti" and "Certificato Generale Casellario Giudiziale".
So, in the back side my documents are absolutely blank.
In the other hand I see issue date in your PCC, if I remember well it seems PCC are valid within 1 year of issue date, so double check.
Ciao
Thanks man! I am not Italian, had great pleasure to live best years of my life for 7 years, so good with language though and as well as familiar with well-explained norms/culture of Italians, in no offensive way :)
Yes I have these two certificates, and yes at that time, I was misguided by some ppl, which lead to extra efforts, times, and lot of money. Later, I realized it's no vain, hence my questions came about legalization.

Italian PCCs are I think valid for 6 months, though It's not useful now, as my last exit from italy was in January-2018, so PCCs from foreign countries should be issued after your last-exit, in this case the PCCs I already have won't be valid, as being issued prior to my last exit. :(

But now, I am good! thanks to you, as I will do online booking and my friend will just visit to collect these documents from tribunale in milano, and will send back to me! cheers! :)

Really appreciate your kind assistance man!

navshergill

Jul 20, 2021
I applied carichi pendenti and got ranslation too. Do I need to submit any information about the translator.
will just italian pcc and translated english one will be ok??