+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Document Collection Delayed

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Hi,

I received an ITA, but unfortunately my document collection is not complete yet. I'm still in the process of collecting experience letters and FBI clearance. What options do I have to proceed ahead?

Is it possible to get an extension of the documentation submission deadline?

I really appreciate any help that I can get on this topic.

Thanks!

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
yes, you can submit your application, attach a letter of explanation stating that you're still waiting for FBI PCC and experience letters

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hi,

I received an ITA, but unfortunately my document collection is not complete yet. I'm still in the process of collecting experience letters and FBI clearance. What options do I have to proceed ahead?

Is it possible to get an extension of the documentation submission deadline?

I really appreciate any help that I can get on this topic.

Thanks!
Try very hard to collect as much as possible. In LoE, show your efforts of getting them in on time. I know FBI PCC could easily be excused, but the experience letter is not. You need to show officers that you indeed worked very hard to get the letter on time but for reasons that are beyond your control, you did not get them on time. Include proof such as email from you requesting the letter etc.
And as @shannon388 said, you need to submit before the deadline. I believe they do not ever extend the 90-day deadline.

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks for the inputs. What happens if I decline the invitation? Will I receive an ITA again in the short term if my points are over the cutoff?

Try very hard to collect as much as possible. In LoE, show your efforts of getting them in on time. I know FBI PCC could easily be excused, but the experience letter is not. You need to show officers that you indeed worked very hard to get the letter on time but for reasons that are beyond your control, you did not get them on time. Include proof such as email from you requesting the letter etc.
And as @shannon388 said, you need to submit before the deadline. I believe they do not ever extend the 90-day deadline.
Thanks for the inputs. What happens if I decline the invitation? Will I receive an ITA again in the short term if my points are over the cutoff?

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017

Hi,

Its depends on next draw cutoff point. Not sure of your cut off mark as of now. If you have more tha 470 points then 100% you will get invite again.

thanks,

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi,
I am planning to apply for PR as well. To avoid being in situation above i am trying to get my documents first.
Can you share complete list of documents that are needed for CEC application.
If you can attach screenshot from application w/o displaying your name or confidential information it would be great.
You can email me at
abcdefusofa@gmail.com

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hi,
I am planning to apply for PR as well. To avoid being in situation above i am trying to get my documents first.
Can you share complete list of documents that are needed for CEC application.
If you can attach screenshot from application w/o displaying your name or confidential information it would be great.
You can email me at
abcdefusofa@gmail.com
Please refer CIC site for more details.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-sex-designation.html#5445E4

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I have 487 CRS points now and I am sure to get the ITA now. Please let me know what all documents I can collect in advance for myself and spouse before ITA.