+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA before one year of Canadian Experience

Jun 9, 2020
Hi All
I have question based on the acceptance of ITA. I joined in an organization on 27th June 2020 but created profile in express entry on 5th June 2020. If i get ITA before 27th June, may i accept the ITA or have to decline.Please suggest based on your experience.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
The Ministerial Instructions for Express Entry lay out the criteria for an expression of interest eligible to receive an ITA. I interpret them to mean that all of the qualifying factors must be in place before an ITA is issued.
I would, therefore, decline an ITA issued before you reached the full 12-month qualifying criterion.

Eligibility criteria
5 (1)
In order to be eligible to be issued an invitation, a foreign national must, if the expression of interest were to be considered an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of one of the classes referred to in paragraphs 2(a) to (c), be able to meet the requirements to be a member of that class as well as the selection criteria and other requirements for receiving a permanent resident visa as a member of that class.