+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Jobs in Canada(Specially: Toronto,Waterloo) or any othe city

vishav_suri

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

I am planning to settle in Canada from India. I am working in a reputed IT company from 4 Years. I read alot about demand of IT sector in Ontario and BC. I need help in solving few of my doubts.

My questions are :
1. How difficult is to find a job in IT Sector in Canada?
2. What are the sources to find a job in canada?
3. How much difficult is to find a job in canada from India with Skype or other sources?

Please help me with some information?

Thanks in advance!

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
1 - It is very dependent on your location and area of expertise. The demand in some areas is higher than others e.g. a programmer is more likely to find work before a network admin. You're right on the locations, though - ON and BC, specifically: Toronto and Vancouver. I'd add Montreal to that list but there's a language issue you'd have to overcome. Explore Ottawa as well, lots of recruitment firms hiring for government contracts, but look out for clearance requirements - anything that requires Reliability Status clearance is open to you, above that requires citizenship. Also, your application makes or breaks you - put together a good application and you'll get invitations for interviews.

2- Do you mean, where to look? If so, the usual job boards: indeed, monster etc. From my experience the best is LinkedIn as it gives you access to communicate directly with a recruiter. So, if you have no LinkedIn account, open one; create your profile (search for how to guides online), and request current and former colleagues for recommendations. Once that is ready, you can start connecting with recruiters in Canada, some will respond some will not, some recruiters may reach out to you (if you're in Canada), but you'll see a number of open roles as well that may interest you.

3- Very difficult, if you're not in Canada. There's a lot of job seekers in the country, so priority will always be given to them, unless you have a highly specialized skill that they cant find, but that's impossible. That said, there's a few people on the forum that have been able to get a job via skype, so anything is possible.

all the best

vishav_suri

Jul 20, 2017
1 - It is very dependent on your location and area of expertise. The demand in some areas is higher than others e.g. a programmer is more likely to find work before a network admin. You're right on the locations, though - ON and BC, specifically: Toronto and Vancouver. I'd add Montreal to that list but there's a language issue you'd have to overcome. Explore Ottawa as well, lots of recruitment firms hiring for government contracts, but look out for clearance requirements - anything that requires Reliability Status clearance is open to you, above that requires citizenship. Also, your application makes or breaks you - put together a good application and you'll get invitations for interviews.

2- Do you mean, where to look? If so, the usual job boards: indeed, monster etc. From my experience the best is LinkedIn as it gives you access to communicate directly with a recruiter. So, if you have no LinkedIn account, open one; create your profile (search for how to guides online), and request current and former colleagues for recommendations. Once that is ready, you can start connecting with recruiters in Canada, some will respond some will not, some recruiters may reach out to you (if you're in Canada), but you'll see a number of open roles as well that may interest you.

3- Very difficult, if you're not in Canada. There's a lot of job seekers in the country, so priority will always be given to them, unless you have a highly specialized skill that they cant find, but that's impossible. That said, there's a few people on the forum that have been able to get a job via skype, so anything is possible.

all the best
Thanks for your detailed reply. It is really helpful.

hometoronto

May 23, 2017
Every case is different but as per my experience, the key factor in a first job is your NETWORKING SKILL. Just like you posted here, you will need to utilize multiple forums (kijiji craigslist), cold calling, random emails - the idea is to reach the employer.

There is a high chance, a vacancy might appear in my department soon. if you are from a network/system background and already landed in Canada (GTA) drop me a message and I will put your cv with a recommendation when the vacancy is available.

Referral is a very strong tool to land in your first job in Canada. Please make use of it as much as possible

Qambil

Feb 21, 2016
Every case is different but as per my experience, the key factor in a first job is your NETWORKING SKILL. Just like you posted here, you will need to utilize multiple forums (kijiji craigslist), cold calling, random emails - the idea is to reach the employer.

There is a high chance, a vacancy might appear in my department soon. if you are from a network/system background and already landed in Canada (GTA) drop me a message and I will put your cv with a recommendation when the vacancy is available.

Referral is a very strong tool to land in your first job in Canada. Please make use of it as much as possible
i already have CoPR/visa and planning to do my landing in in toronto in feb. Is there any chance of getting shortlisted from outside canada? I have over 6+ Years in Networks/System background focused in GSM/ISP networks?

hometoronto

May 23, 2017
Feb is coldddddd man, come early lol

Drop me your email address in a private message and lets see if i could help you when you land here. Getting a job before landing is very rare and no wonder, it takes time even after landing to score your first job.

Network/System market is not bad !!

Best of luck !! (y)

Qambil

Feb 21, 2016
Feb is coldddddd man, come early lol

Drop me your email address in a private message and lets see if i could help you when you land here. Getting a job before landing is very rare and no wonder, it takes time even after landing to score your first job.

Network/System market is not bad !!

Best of luck !! (y)
My visa is valid till May, basically, i want to avoid the cold...lol..so maybe march/april...or earlier, if i can secure an oppurtunity before that.
Canadian Winters are already tough, and searching for a job will be it tougher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waleed Kamal

hometoronto

May 23, 2017
Honestly, I love cold - even though most of you wont agree with me..but skii, snow board in the beautiful white carpeted country ... the list goes on.. Just the driving is kind of harsh but - be careful and thats all you need

Anyhow, we will keep through email.

Best of luck and drop me an email if you need any guidance