+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It’s confusing..want to take back my nanny with me to Canada

Dana1991

Oct 27, 2018
Hello,
I’m a Canadian and we’re currently in Qatar. We’re planning to return to Canada shortly but not sure how I would be able to take our Phillipino nanny along (got two babies) and we can’t leave her behind. She’s family.
Checked out the Child care pilot program. They need 5+ in IELS and one year post secondary education. She doesn’t have these. What can I do???? PLEASE HELP

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I’m a Canadian and we’re currently in Qatar. We’re planning to return to Canada shortly but not sure how I would be able to take our Phillipino nanny along (got two babies) and we can’t leave her behind. She’s family.
Checked out the Child care pilot program. They need 5+ in IELS and one year post secondary education. She doesn’t have these. What can I do???? PLEASE HELP
Any chance you're going to be living in Quebec?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Let her apply for Visitor visa. Then you will introduce her as your family friend, or family member, don’t tell other people that she’s your nanny.
To help her be approved as a visitor visa, you should help her with finances. If she needs “proof of funds” let her have her bank account with your money (as borrowed, she will return this after she got approved). If you cannot do that, I’m sorry, there’s no other way. This is CANADA, not just a simple asian country.

I’m telling you the truth, ITS DIFFICULT TO FIND A NANNY nowadays here, unless you can pay $25 per hour to someone inside Canada already.

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Let her apply for Visitor visa. Then you will introduce her as your family friend, or family member, don’t tell other people that she’s your nanny.
To help her be approved as a visitor visa, you should help her with finances. If she needs “proof of funds” let her have her bank account with your money (as borrowed, she will return this after she got approved). If you cannot do that, I’m sorry, there’s no other way. This is CANADA, not just a simple asian country.

I’m telling you the truth, ITS DIFFICULT TO FIND A NANNY nowadays here, unless you can pay $25 per hour to someone inside Canada already.
So telling her to commit immigration fraud. Will be pretty obvious that she is the nanny if she arrives with the family. Potentially ruining any further chances of visas, permits, visas to enter other countries, etc. for both the family and the nanny is a great idea!

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
So telling her to commit immigration fraud. Will be pretty obvious that she is the nanny if she arrives with the family. Potentially ruining any further chances of visas, permits, visas to enter other countries, etc. for both the family and the nanny is a great idea!
Hahahaha! Exactly! If there’s the way, there’s a will. And do you think this employer who is asking would ENTRUST her wealth to a nanny? I don’t think so.
I know someone who pretended that their nanny is their close family friend while waiting for the work permit. Are we “nannies” cannot become their closed family friend because of our low status in the society? I’m poor, but I have rich friends and they sometimes let me stay in their house. So they can also pretend. But the MAIN ISSUE here is are they willing to spend thousands of their dollar for their nanny’s tourist visa?? I DOUBT IT

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hahahaha! Exactly! If there’s the way, there’s a will. And do you think this employer who is asking would ENTRUST her wealth to a nanny? I don’t think so.
I know someone who pretended that their nanny is their close family friend while waiting for the work permit. Are we “nannies” cannot become their closed family friend because of our low status in the society? I’m poor, but I have rich friends and they sometimes let me stay in their house. So they can also pretend. But the MAIN ISSUE here is are they willing to spend thousands of their dollar for their nanny’s tourist visa?? I DOUBT IT
Would add that there are very strict pay and employment conditions for Nannies in Canada so yes you will have to pay a nanny significantly more than in some other countries and the Nannies have rights and protection under Canadian law.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Hello,
adopt her.

• Haha
Reactions: ProudNanny