+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any university in Canada, who can give me admission with 2.62 GPA?

realskill101

Aug 6, 2010
Hi

Is there any university in Canada, who can give me admission with 2.62 GPA out of 4.0? Tuition fee also be low. Thanks in advance

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Your GPA is pretty low, but u can try colleges instead of Universities and then make sure u do well at the colleges then transfer to a Uni later if u still wish to continue in a uni.

Your GPA will most probably not get u into a good uni or if worst, not any uni. Most unis require a 70 to 80% average, which is a B to B+ average, meaning yr 2.6 GPA is low, which is only a C to C+ average GPA. So try colleges instead then.

realskill101

Aug 6, 2010
abelkwh said:
Your GPA is pretty low, but u can try colleges instead of Universities and then make sure u do well at the colleges then transfer to a Uni later if u still wish to continue in a uni.

Your GPA will most probably not get u into a good uni or if worst, not any uni. Most unis require a 70 to 80% average, which is a B to B+ average, meaning yr 2.6 GPA is low, which is only a C to C+ average GPA. So try colleges instead then.
Thanks abelkwh

I know my GPA is far low. Only 2.62 with 67.80 percentage. Please tell me any college/University which can give me admission with such low GPA? Thanks in advance.

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
give it a try ,search all of the unis n colleges of canada n star mailing them about the admission ,(to admission coordinator etc.) its a bit hard work but u have no choice at all.
we cant help u that much as we may nt know things.
but on average they want a 2.80 CGPA/B greade over all

earthlover

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/10
IELTS Request
Med's Request
02/08/10
Med's Done....
09/08/10
Interview........
30/07/10
Passport Req..
20/08/10
VISA ISSUED...
25/08/10
LANDED..........
08/09/10
realskill101 said:
Hi

Is there any university in Canada, who can give me admission with 2.62 GPA out of 4.0? Tuition fee also be low. Thanks in advance
hi realskill,

I think you can try university of winnipeg but check it by contacting the uni. or some private universities like thomson river uni. I guess there are uni. which take students with GPA of 2.5 but they can be very costly.

Reactions: chybyke

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
sehrish said:
give it a try ,search all of the unis n colleges of canada n star mailing them about the admission ,(to admission coordinator etc.) its a bit hard work but u have no choice at all.
a B average GPA is a 3.0 not a 2.8 by North American standards.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
realskill101 said:
Thanks abelkwh

I know my GPA is far low. Only 2.62 with 67.80 percentage. Please tell me any college/University which can give me admission with such low GPA? Thanks in advance.
It is not necessary to be definite to enter a university, colleges in canada are equally recognised and good. A college or uni degree is basically the same if u work in canada. However, if u are willing to try, u can try for the unis below:

1) Uni of North BC
2) Thompson rivers uni
3) Uni of Lethbridge

and many other colleges, most colleges will be willing to take in yr kind of grades under provisional entry.

realskill101

Aug 6, 2010
sehrish said:
Thanx dude...

but I did not understand it. Will u elaborate it? thanks in advance.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
U dont have to mail them applications! Just apply online those unis that u are interested in. Then u send in yr transcripts after u have applied to those unis that u have applied.

Most applications online will also require u to pay an application fee, so apply wisely and dont waste money and time on those that u know that u will not have a chance in. Apply to those with requirements of around 60 to 70% in grades requirements.

earthlover

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/10
IELTS Request
Med's Request
02/08/10
Med's Done....
09/08/10
Interview........
30/07/10
Passport Req..
20/08/10
VISA ISSUED...
25/08/10
LANDED..........
08/09/10
YellowTopaz said:
Try memorial university...
I tried Memorial twice with GPA of 2.75 for masters program. I was nt succefful but for undergraduate studies things may b different.

realskill101

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks all

I hope I'll get admission in Memorial or Sait Marry's university...thanx once again...Coz there is always a hope.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
earthlover said:
I tried Memorial twice with GPA of 2.75 for masters program. I was nt succefful but for undergraduate studies things may b different.
I am not surprised that graduate programs do not take in GPA of 2.75 easily. Most Grad schools would only take in grads of GPA of at least a B or 3.0 and the better ones even want an A- average. So its pretty normal for graduate schools to reject applications of 2.75.

As for undergrads, 2.75 is a B-, as such it should not be a problem for high schoolers to apply with such GPAs.