+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there a temp visa for between visas?

JayB

Jan 24, 2008
My girlfriend is currently on a youth exchange visa and is working in Canada. If we get married (in a few months) and sponsor her as my wife, can she still work when that youth exchange visa ends? Are there temporary visas that allow one to work while they are applying for getting sponsored or do they have to sit and do nothing until it clears?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

JayB said:
My girlfriend is currently on a youth exchange visa and is working in Canada. If we get married (in a few months) and sponsor her as my wife, can she still work when that youth exchange visa ends? Are there temporary visas that allow one to work while they are applying for getting sponsored or do they have to sit and do nothing until it clears?
No, she could only continue at the same job with implied status,if she submits an OWP request with the application, otherwise, she has to wait until she has received Approval in Principle.

PMM

JayB

Jan 24, 2008
If she is to continually work, without having to quit and start again, how far in advance should we apply for the OWP? generally how long does a ruling take?