+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is National Identity document means SIN in CANADA?

svs

Jul 16, 2009
Dear PMM,

I need to fill this in IMM 0008 form.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

svs said:
Dear PMM,

I need to fill this in IMM 0008 form.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
No, Canada doesn't issue national identity nos. If your country residence/citizenship issues, that is the no. that goes there, otherwise answer the question NO.

svs

Jul 16, 2009
Dear PMM,

In the Generic form:
For Current Ocupation:

I am on PGWP(Post grad work permit currently from last 10 months) and working for different employers
I do have some gaps in between each project and current occupation Computer Network Technician(NOC 2281)
This is in related NOC codes of 2174 under the list.( under the classified elsewhere liste of 2174)

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2174

I have applied for immigration under NOC 2174. Will it be a problem because my current occupation(Computer Network Technician - 2281) is different from the occupation which i applied under (Programmer/Analyst - 2174) eventhough it is under the classified elsewhere list of 2174. .

Please let me know.

Thank You So Much,

svs

Jul 16, 2009
PMM,

Could you please le tme know and also Can i use old schedule 3 and schdule 1 forms..instead new versions?

Thanks,

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi

No, Canada doesn't issue national identity nos. If your country residence/citizenship issues, that is the no. that goes there, otherwise answer the question NO.
Does Canada still not have a national identification number?
I'm applying for the US visa, but I'm an Indian citizen and Canadian PR. Should I fill my SIN number in DS160 form where the national identification number is asked or should I say not applicable?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Does Canada still not have a national identification number?
I'm applying for the US visa, but I'm an Indian citizen and Canadian PR. Should I fill my SIN number in DS160 form where the national identification number is asked or should I say not applicable?
What did you filled in National identification number in ds 160?