+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it safe to share part of PR card to recruter from a linkedin?

Polnoch

Feb 8, 2016
Is it safe to share part of PR card to recruter from a linkedin? It's second time when somebody claimed he is recruiter and want to hire me in the position (and I really applied in this position myself) asked me to share part of PR card.
He uses Canadian caller-id (I've checked it by calling there and somebody else said, he knows this person), email address in yahoo. Also, what I found in their rating in google maps:

They're present in the linkedin as company. And I have common contacts among my former colleagues with this person.

What he asked from me:

Is it safe?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it safe to share part of PR card to recruter from a linkedin? It's second time when somebody claimed he is recruiter and want to hire me in the position (and I really applied in this position myself) asked me to share part of PR card.
He uses Canadian caller-id (I've checked it by calling there and somebody else said, he knows this person), email address in yahoo. Also, what I found in their rating in google maps:

They're present in the linkedin as company. And I have common contacts among my former colleagues with this person.

What he asked from me:

Is it safe?
Why do they need your PR card? Employers should not be asking for your PR card. Sounds like a scam to me.

Polnoch

Feb 8, 2016
Just called in this company using their phone number in their website, they said this person is really working in this company.

Polnoch

Feb 8, 2016
Why do they need your PR card?
They claimed position requires it.

Employers should not be asking for your PR card.
Happened in the second time in my time in Canada. Previous employer, I refused this request.
For me also sounds weird. But this is part of PR card without my photo and number. You think they can also somehow use it for a fraud?

Polnoch

Feb 8, 2016
OK. Decided that it's too weird. I've rejected this request. To mods: please lock or delete this topic.