+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it required to have a pr card in hand to work in canada

arindam1983

Oct 1, 2018
i recently got my copr and visa in my passport. however i have not yet visited canada to get my PR visa stamped. i have a job offer from a canadian employer. my question is that once i land in canada, and apply for my PR card, can i start working for the canadian employer even though i wont have a PR card in hand

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
i recently got my copr and visa in my passport. however i have not yet visited canada to get my PR visa stamped. i have a job offer from a canadian employer. my question is that once i land in canada, and apply for my PR card, can i start working for the canadian employer even though i wont have a PR card in hand
New
All you really need to work is a SIN which your employer will need to know you have. You can apply for and get immediately at a Service Canada location by showing your COPR post landing as proof you are a PR. Whilst a PR card also shows you are a PR, generally it is with a few exceptions for example when dealing with some government agencies only required to support travel back into the country, specifically for example by plane.

rakakatoofaan

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
New
All you really need to work is a SIN which your employer will need to know you have. You can apply for and get immediately at a Service Canada location by showing your COPR post landing as proof you are a PR. Whilst a PR card also shows you are a PR, generally it is with a few exceptions for example when dealing with some government agencies only required to support travel back into the country, specifically for example by plane.
You can work without PR card on Hand. COPR is good.

arindam1983

Oct 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply! I had another concern. Can my wife join me later .we both applied together but I am the primary applicant. So can I enter canada first with my cope and can she enter later