+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to find HR jobs in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It depends - what is your status in Canada?

If you are a PR, citizen or hold an open work permit in Canada - then finding an HR job is possible if you have the right qualifications.

If you are searching for a job from outside of Canada and are not legally allowed to work in Canada at this time - then I expect it will be extremely difficult.

hrjobs

Oct 31, 2012
There are new Bridging Programs for HR professionals in Toronto.

Search for the following organizations:
-Acces Employment
-Job Skills Bridge to HR
-York University

Also you can inquire at the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) in Ontario.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ghie.george said:
What is the minimum qualifications required to get an HR job in Canada, specifically in Toronto?
According to the enrollment counselor I spoke with at Athabasca University, HR is a hard field to break into in Canada. From what I understood from her, in order to do any type of management or supervisory HR work, you must have 2-3 years experience and be fully licensed, have a degree, and join the professional HR association. Whether or not your overseas experience counts towards this, I don't know. That may be up to the employer. I was just considering a degree, so it may be easier for you.

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I am a MBA - HR from India and has got 8+ yrs of experience after my post graduation. I am moving to Canada by end of this year or early next year with my husband and my daughter. As I have some time in hand before moving, I would like to do some course / certification in HR which can help me land a job soon, may be some online courses from Canadian Universities etc. I know it will not be a managerial position in the beginning but my be a recruiter / tech recruiter / HR generalist entry level job...

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated. Also wanted to know if HR is a regulated profession in Canada?

neerajp

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Hi Folks,

I am a MBA - HR from India and has got 8+ yrs of experience after my post graduation. I am moving to Canada by end of this year or early next year with my husband and my daughter. As I have some time in hand before moving, I would like to do some course / certification in HR which can help me land a job soon, may be some online courses from Canadian Universities etc. I know it will not be a managerial position in the beginning but my be a recruiter / tech recruiter / HR generalist entry level job...

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated. Also wanted to know if HR is a regulated profession in Canada?
Hi! We'd be in a similar position soon.. My wife's a HR professional and she also has the same queries..
As you must have figure this out by now, i look forward to your guidance on this.

Thanks in advance..

Jasmine 424

Jan 22, 2019
Hi everyone! Im going to apply for pg certificate in HR at Conestoga college for may intake and I have done bachelors of science. Do students with science background get visas for HR. I hv also visited Canada last year, will that b helpful as I still have 7 yrs of multiple visa with me?