+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it NOC 6314?

Jas_Jas

Dec 10, 2018
Hi there,

I am currently working as a teller supervisor. Following list of activities defines my most of the days at the currency exchange business I work at:

• Opening of the store.
  • Initial balancing of the major currencies, IT check and initiation of machines such as debit.
  • Assign work to tellers: Monthly balancing of the currencies, anything they missed the other day in addition to their regular job. Any updates on providing exchange rates in order to buy or sell more of certain currencies.
  • Review of all the entries done on previous day which include 5 branches that are synced to the main server at our branch.
  • Pulling reports from the main server about incoming drafts and outgoing cheques and forwarding those the accounting department.
  • Solving issues related to customer complaints: cheque holds, rude behaviour, customers attempting to cash counterfeit.
  • Solving IT issues when they appear during the working hours. If they are not solved immediately then implement temporary fixes.
  • Establishing standard procedures: how to deal with a customer with counterfeit money safely, procedure to balance precious metals.
  • End-of-the-day balancing.
  • Dealing with discrepancies while considering human nature and the context of the mistake.
  • Ordering currencies while taking into account the currency flow rate.
  • Sometimes do the teller work if we are short on staff or if it is really busy.
  • Training new staff, provide progress report to store manager.
  • Scheduling of the tellers.
  • Closing the store.
Question: Am I correct to identify my work under NOC 6314?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

Last edited: