+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it easier to have the PR if I study in Quebec than in Manitoba?

diod92

Aug 10, 2018
Hello everybody, I am a Mexican general practitioner. Recently I was accepted into two different master programs, one in Montreal (Concordia University) and the other one in Winnipeg (University of Manitoba). Both programs offered me funding and a scholarship.

I would like to know which province is faster, easier and better to apply for the PR after graduation. The program in Montréal is Education, whereas in Manitoba is a program in Physiology (research and laboratory).

I have understood that if I study in Quebec, I do not need any job offer for applying for the CSQ, and to obtain the PR after my studies.

However, as far as I know, for applying in Manitoba, I need a job offer and 6 months of work experiencie (and also related to my field of studies) for applying to the PR. I am concerned about this, as I dont know how much easy or difficult is to find a stable long-term and full-time offer by an employer in the area or physiology (research) in Manitoba after finishing my Master´s Degree.

Please help me to decide which of the two provinces is more convenient, regardless the program of studies.
This factor is really important for me to decide what University attend.

I would appreciate your opinions.Thank you so much.