+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is employment with business-economics related degrees hard

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
hello,
would finding employment with this combo be hard? multidisciplinary bachelors: economics, politics, and social sciences
PG diploma: marketing management or something business-related

would studying business and economics be better to find employment since it is more precise?
thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You will get a job after you graduate. Will it be a skilled job in your field, maybe not. You need to make contacts and gain Canadian work experience. Do you have skilled work experience now to show.

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
You will get a job after you graduate. Will it be a skilled job in your field, maybe not. You need to make contacts and gain Canadian work experience. Do you have skilled work experience now to show.
I'm making estimations for the future I'm 18 years old, i can not decide what to study and trying to choose the best fit for me. I think i will work for 1 year after having my bachelors and then go to Canada to do my post grads. Do you think 1 year is enough? maybe i should work for 2 years

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm making estimations for the future I'm 18 years old, i can not decide what to study and trying to choose the best fit for me. I think i will work for 1 year after having my bachelors and then go to Canada to do my post grads. Do you think 1 year is enough? maybe i should work for 2 years
If you want the best opportunities study something related to IT. Do an undergrad in computer science or do a more technical diploma in IT. If you want to know what jobs Canada and the world needs think most people would say IT and nurses.

Reactions: Urgonnabeokme

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
hello,
would finding employment with this combo be hard? multidisciplinary bachelors: economics, politics, and social sciences
PG diploma: marketing management or something business-related

would studying business and economics be better to find employment since it is more precise?
thanks
It may seem to you that economics and business administration is closely related. Well, as a business student, I can tell that they are not that related. If not related at all. People starting with business administration with intensive stats courses can get accepted to higher program in Eco, not reverse. At least, I've not seen any. Economics is considered a science related and math-concentrated program while BA is generally art. I don't see the point to take a bachelor in Eco and PG in BA. Employer will mostly focus on your highest education during recruitment. If you know that you want to work on marketing, then take a bachelor in Marketing then PG in Marketing.
Hope this help.

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
It may seem to you that economics and business administration is closely related. Well, as a business student, I can tell that they are not that related. If not related at all. People starting with business administration with intensive stats courses can get accepted to higher program in Eco, not reverse. At least, I've not seen any. Economics is considered a science related and math-concentrated program while BA is generally art. I don't see the point to take a bachelor in Eco and PG in BA. Employer will mostly focus on your highest education during recruitment. If you know that you want to work on marketing, then take a bachelor in Marketing then PG in Marketing.
Hope this help.
I am not sure about going for marketing tbh i like MIS too, do you think it is possible to go for MIS after econ or business?

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
If you want the best opportunities study something related to IT. Do an undergrad in computer science or do a more technical diploma in IT. If you want to know what jobs Canada and the world needs think most people would say IT and nurses.
I thought I can go for management information systems master's after studying business as an undergrad since in Europe it is possible. There are two different programs one is called econ, politics and social sciences (idk why but it has multiple programming and big data courses in it) the other one is business and econ (fully related to finance and corporate world) ıdk which one would be better, the first one has politics in it as well and i can not see a connection between MIS and politics

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
I am not sure about going for marketing tbh i like MIS too, do you think it is possible to go for MIS after econ or business?
Again, you said business or eco. You should choose between them. Business or eco? They are different.
Knowing that a bachelor in eco can hardly lead to a master in business.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
I am talking about canadian education system. It may not be the case for Europe or anywhere else as I experienced both and they have really different standard in their education.

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
Again, you said business or eco. You should choose between them. Business or eco? They are different.
At the university im considering there are two different programs 1 is business and economics and the other one is economics, politics, and social sciences

im trying to decide between them, the second one has a great curriculum (Combining data science, business, and law) However i feel like employers will judge based on the name of the program it seems too broad

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
At the university im considering there are two different programs 1 is business and economics and the other one is economics, politics, and social sciences

im trying to decide between them, the second one has a great curriculum (Combining data science, business, and law) However i feel like employers will judge based on the name of the program it seems too broad
What are the 2 universities?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can do an MBA after anything.
Hope this help.
Really depends on what type of eco you are focusing on. There is policy based, math based, etc. You need to know a foundation of everything butthere are a variety of different types of economic degrees like there are different types of business degrees.

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
What are the 2 universities?
haha sorry, i forgot to mention the most important part, i will not do my bachelors in CA. I will complete my bachelor's in europe but probably go to CA to complete my post-graduate education. The problem is there is a big difference in the higher education system between Canada and Europe. After econ, politics, and social sciences (like PPE in the UK) a master's in economics is possible but for Canada, i do not know exactly.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
haha sorry, i forgot to mention the most important part, i will not do my bachelors in CA. I will complete my bachelor's in europe but probably go to CA to complete my post-graduate education. The problem is there is a big difference in the higher education system between Canada and Europe. After econ, politics, and social sciences (like PPE in the UK) a master's in economics is possible but for Canada, i do not know exactly.
A lot of the PG diplomas in business in Canada are pretty worthless. Masters degrees are much better options.