+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC insisting on CSQ

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
Hello,

IRCC asked us a few weeks ago for proof that we applied for CSQ which we did.

CSQ is taking forever to process (we sent undertaking to MIFI end of September and they charged our credit card).

Today IRCC is requesting this:

 CSQ: We acknowledge receipt of your proof of application for the CSQ. Please submit the
Quebec Selection Certificate/certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) once received. This
must be received at this office by: 2020/01/04

What are we supposed to reply? Just the MIFI AOR? Anyone else received this letter?

IRCC is surely aware of the MIFI delays. Maybe this is an automated sentence what was built before MIFI was months behind on files

Last edited:

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello,

CSQ is taking forever to process (we sent undertaking to MIFI end of September and they charged our credit card).

 CSQ: We acknowledge receipt of your proof of application for the CSQ. Please submit the
Quebec Selection Certificate/certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) once received. This

What are we supposed to reply? Just the MIFI AOR? Anyone else received this letter?

IRCC is surely aware of the MIFI delays. Maybe this is an automated sentence what was built before MIFI was months behind on files
IRCC might be informed about MIFI delays, but they don't really know by what amount of time; my advise on this, if you haven't done it already, is to send the CSQ AOR print (i.e.acuse de reception) via web form and explain that nowadays it takes more than 4 month to receive it since the submission date and it is absolutely out of your hands; also, ask for a additional time to provide it, giving this situation.

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
IRCC might be informed about MIFI delays, but they don't really know by what amount of time; my advise on this, if you haven't done it already, is to send the CSQ AOR print (i.e.acuse de reception) via web form and explain that nowadays it takes more than 4 month to receive it since the submission date and it is absolutely out of your hands; also, ask for a additional time to provide it, giving this situation.
I already sent the CSQ AOR and they got it (which is why they state 'We acknowledge receipt of your proof of application for the CSQ.')

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Hello,

From an admin point of view, they need to specify deadlines, and it seems they are programmed to give them at 30 days from "today". So I'd wait until a few days before the deadline and send them the justification/status update (possibly the same one as before), after which they will issue you a new deadline, and so on, ad infinitum (or, hopefully, ad CSQ).

Reactions: smallcoffee

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
From an admin point of view, they need to specify deadlines, and it seems they are programmed to give them at 30 days from "today". So I'd wait until a few days before the deadline and send them the justification/status update (possibly the same one as before), after which they will issue you a new deadline, and so on, ad infinitum (or, hopefully, ad CSQ).
This makes sense, thanks.

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Hi
I got email from NDVO asking for CSQ within 45 days. MIFI received my application on Nov. 12 2019. AOR CSQ Dec. 2 2019. I just emailed NDVO asking for more time.

delizle

Apr 15, 2020
Hi,

My wife and I sent in our CSQ application a week after we got the approval from IRCC. I got a signature verifying that it was delivered from Canada Post on February 18th. We then received a letter from CIC Mississauga on February 27th stating:

" CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration. This must be received at this office by: 2020-05-27. "

We have no confirmation from MIFI (AOR, Credit Card withdrawal, etc.) stating that they are working on our application. Is this normal?

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Hi
I got email from NDVO asking for CSQ within 45 days. MIFI received my application on Nov. 12 2019. AOR CSQ Dec. 2 2019. I just emailed NDVO asking for more time.
Have you called MIFI concerning your application? Do you happen to know if they are working normally ?

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
I called several times. Still in process. The MIFI agent said indirectly that it's not their problem if IRCC insisting. So just waiting☹

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi,

My wife and I sent in our CSQ application a week after we got the approval from IRCC. I got a signature verifying that it was delivered from Canada Post on February 18th. We then received a letter from CIC Mississauga on February 27th stating:

" CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration. This must be received at this office by: 2020-05-27. "

We have no confirmation from MIFI (AOR, Credit Card withdrawal, etc.) stating that they are working on our application. Is this normal?

Hi, looks like your CSQ application was delivered to MIFI on Feb 18th ?. In this case, it may be a little early to expect an AOR considering the current situation. In my case, I submitted my CSQ on Dec 30 and received an AOR on Feb 11th (the same day the money was taken). And I too have the deadline from IRCC to submit my CSQ by May 27th.
I will have to submit only the proof of CSQ application to IRCC now and ask them for more time to submit the actual approved CSQ. Hope this helps you.

Reactions: delizle

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
I called several times. Still in process. The MIFI agent said indirectly that it's not their problem if IRCC insisting. So just waiting☹
Hi Could you please help me ?

I am in a similar situation. Through an email, IRCC requested me to submit approved CSQ by may 27th. But I will not get the CSQ by then and so I can only submit the proof of CSQ Application.

Question is, how do I submit the proof to IRCC ? Is it enough if I just send an email to IRCC with the document attachments ? or do I need to send them a post ? (taking print outs are almost impossible now a days as all the shops are closed).

Thanks

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
You should email or send web form inquiry of your scanned CSQ AOR to the Visa office assigned to you and ask for time extension. If I'm not mistaken, 90 days time extension are given automatically by IRCC to files that are pending due to COVID 19.

Reactions: SKRPrince09

delizle

Apr 15, 2020
Hi, looks like your CSQ application was delivered to MIFI on Feb 18th ?. In this case, it may be a little early to expect an AOR considering the current situation. In my case, I submitted my CSQ on Dec 30 and received an AOR on Feb 11th (the same day the money was taken). And I too have the deadline from IRCC to submit my CSQ by May 27th.
I will have to submit only the proof of CSQ application to IRCC now and ask them for more time to submit the actual approved CSQ. Hope this helps you.
Thank you very much. It does help and at least give a little assurance. We have called MIFI several times saying that there are many cases similar to ours where to just open envelopes containing applications are incredibly back logged.

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Finally, CSQ approved!
Spousal sponsorship QUEBEC
Application received CPC Sydney: July 24
AOR1: Sept. 18
Biometrics: Sept. 17
Biometrics completed: Sept. 19
File transferred to NDVO and CSQ invitation: Nov. 5
CSQ sent: Nov. 9
CSQ received by MIFI: Nov. 12
NDVO processing: Nov. 22