+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I've sent the application package to IQAS yesterday only including filled application form, checklist form, purchase receipt, sealed envelopes received from both universities. Here is my timeline to follow now:

Application Package Sent to IQAS :: 18 June 2018
Academic documents received by IQAS :: Waiting

Degrees Sent for Evaluation:
2 Years - Master of Business Administration from SMU
3 Years Bachelors of Commerce from University of Delhi

Moreover, I've also sent the application package to WES for my wife's Bachelor of Engineering Degree (BITS, Pilani) and they've received the documents. BITS has directly sent her transcripts to WES yesterday only. So, will keep posted on timelines for both of us.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi,
I obtained the official transcripts from the universities where I did my UG (Mahatma Gandhi University Kerala) and PG (Sikkim Manipal University), in 2 sealed envelopes, and sent them to IQAS along with the application package, all documents and transcript envelopes enclosed together in a big envelope. As per courier tracking, the package was delivered on 3rd May. I received AOR1 on 12th June. Reading all the posts in this thread, I was expecting AOR2, so I emailed them querying about the transcripts.

Their reply said
"IQAS confirmed that they only received the photocopy of your transcript from the Mahatma Gandhi University. As part of the process for an ECA for immigration, IQAS needs to authenticate that credentials were issued by the institutions where they were obtained. To verify authenticity of your credentials, transcripts must be sent by the issuing institution directly to the IQAS office. Those should be official documents, either attested copies or originals sent by the institution in a sealed envelope. Use the Request of Academic Records Form available on our website to request that the issuing institution sends your transcripts/statement of marks directly to IQAS."

But I had applied for official transcripts and the university mailed it to me in a sealed envelope which I simply enclosed (without opening) in my application package and sent to IQAS. Could anyone kindly share any insights on what could have gone wrong?

Thanks and regards,
Vrinda Vijayan
This is quiet strange. After, reading your post, i believe you've already sent all the documents along with sealed envelopes you got from respective universities.

Since you've received the reply from IQAS now, so i suggest you to apply again to universities & ask them to send transcripts directly to IQAS. Otherwise, you'll end up in losing more time.

Just to update, I've also sent the application package yesterday same way as you did. So, I'll keep you posted how my application goes.

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
According to the past posts they are moving bit faster -
on 13th June @dubaimachines mentioned that they are opening the mails for 15th April
on 18th June they informed me that they are opening the mails for 7th May

In 1 week they opened the mails for 3 weeks which is good for us, so hopefully the waiting time will decrease for us.

Rockyrevan

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
This is strange..I got an email on 16th June stating IQAS Is opening and processing mails received on week of April 2nd.

li-kowa

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
Application received by IQAS :: 19 March 2018
Academic documents received by IQAS :: 21 March 2018
1st AOR (Application Received) :: 25 April 2018
2nd AOR (Transcript Received) :: 27 April 2018
ECA Softcopy :: 12 June 2018
Hello
Thank you for updating us on your timeline. I am curious to know, the date the soft copy was sent to you was 12th June 2018, is that the same date on the copy as when it was ready? Some people will have ECA ready long before a softcopy is sent to them. I want to know if this is the case. Thanks and Congratulations on your ECA

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
You can ask smu, they send original transcript to IQAS directly. and if you want, you can only evaluate PG, for that UG transcript is not require.
Thanks for your insights. Just another query, would the credentials for MBA (distance edu) be evaluated as a masters equivalent if I do not opt for Bachelors degree assessment? I mean assessing just the masters degree. Any idea on this?

Last edited:

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
what i did is, i verified copies of my transcripts and degree from university i did my MBA and then asked them to sealed it in uni envelope, so they and i put the draft and documents and sealed envelope in the courier big envelope and sent it to IQAS.

i guess they ll do ur credential but u ll not get the original back. confirm it urself from iqas
Thanks for your reply. I would not need the tranactipts back from them. My fear is that, the univ where I did my UG might have forgotten to attest the transcript before putting it in a sealed envelope. I have emailed IQAS regarding this and am awaiting their reply.

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
This is quiet strange. After, reading your post, i believe you've already sent all the documents along with sealed envelopes you got from respective universities.

Since you've received the reply from IQAS now, so i suggest you to apply again to universities & ask them to send transcripts directly to IQAS. Otherwise, you'll end up in losing more time.

Just to update, I've also sent the application package yesterday same way as you did. So, I'll keep you posted how my application goes.
Thanks. I am awaiting the reply from IQAS. I shall keep you posted too.

Reactions: 13nitinsharma

aviseqdas

Jan 8, 2018
I obtained my transcripts directly from my universities in India and then I included them in a big envelope with all other paper work, included the payment confirmation page as well even though it was not on the checklist to make sure they know I have made the payment. It was delivered by Fedex on May 22nd. I haven't received any email or any communication from IQAS. Based on the comments above I am guessing I should be receiving one soon since they should be opening May 22nd envelopes next week?

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
I obtained my transcripts directly from my universities in India and then I included them in a big envelope with all other paper work, included the payment confirmation page as well even though it was not on the checklist to make sure they know I have made the payment. It was delivered by Fedex on May 22nd. I haven't received any email or any communication from IQAS. Based on the comments above I am guessing I should be receiving one soon since they should be opening May 22nd envelopes next week?
Yes. Max 2 weeks I assume.

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
mine ( Transcript + all docs -- in 1 Big Envelope) was also delivered on may 22nd , be in touch !

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
In a week or two, you’ll get it

Reactions: aviseqdas