+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INVESTIGATION

anayos

Jun 15, 2007
Please advice, My wife has been calling the embassy through her MP to ask the extent they´ve gone in our application, last year November she called and the MP told her that she´ll hear from them before end of February 2008, and she called last week the MP told her that she(MP) called the embassy and they told her that they are investigating the marriage in the country where she came to marry me and how long she stayed when she came here for the marriage. I don´t understand what they are really doing because my marriage with her is legal and we have our marriage certificate which we applied with.

Another question is , is this part of background check because after my interview June last year the IO told me that he´ll go investigation. investigating the marriage is one thing I don´t understand, it´s a genuie relationship.

My medical has expired together with my police report since last year.

Pearlp

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Anayos, Only thing I can think of is that they are investigating your marriage in your country to see if is legal the genuiness of your mariage you have to prove to them. And in my case the MP really could not do much immigration just give my MP stupid exuses for the papers being late.
Only thing I know is what happend to me and my husband, you see i did not go visit him before the marriage and immigration suspicious about cases where the couple marry the first time they see each other in person.
Just do not worry if you done everything right in your application and your interview went good then this is just a rutin check.

I know it is hard but try to relax and your wife can order CAIPS notes which give you a better understanding of your case.
Pearl