+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student immigration for study in Quebec

Umezude

Mar 2, 2018
Hello, I am writing from Nigeria in Africa. I have gotten a conditional admission to the Concordia university in Montreal, Canada. The admission is conditional upon the sending of my hard-copy academic transcripts from my university in Nigeria. I am to send this, on or before the resumption date in September.
I applied for my CAQ on the 25th of February and sent the documents they required, via DHL courier, the following day (all i wrote on the envelope where i sealed my documents, were my address and the address that the documents were supposed to be sent to. i didnt include my application number on the envelope, because the authorization certificate inside the envelope, contained the application number, I didnt also include my file number on the envelope). I kept tracking the documents with DHL online service, and I saw that my documents were delivered on 27th of February, but till date, I haven't received any confirmation on my CAQ application portal that the documents were received. Please, should I be worried? I am scared that by not putting my application number on the envelope, there might have been a mix-up. Also does anyone have an email address of the people that I can send my complaint to?

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hello, I am writing from Nigeria in Africa. I have gotten a conditional admission to the Concordia university in Montreal, Canada. The admission is conditional upon the sending of my hard-copy academic transcripts from my university in Nigeria. I am to send this, on or before the resumption date in September.
I applied for my CAQ on the 25th of February and sent the documents they required, via DHL courier, the following day (all i wrote on the envelope where i sealed my documents, were my address and the address that the documents were supposed to be sent to. i didnt include my application number on the envelope, because the authorization certificate inside the envelope, contained the application number, I didnt also include my file number on the envelope). I kept tracking the documents with DHL online service, and I saw that my documents were delivered on 27th of February, but till date, I haven't received any confirmation on my CAQ application portal that the documents were received. Please, should I be worried? I am scared that by not putting my application number on the envelope, there might have been a mix-up. Also does anyone have an email address of the people that I can send my complaint to?
It can take them a few weeks to update the online profile. Sometimes they issue your CAQ without even acknowledging the receipt of your documents. Don't worry and focus on gathering your visa documents in the meantime.

Umezude

Mar 2, 2018
It can take them a few weeks to update the online profile. Sometimes they issue your CAQ without even acknowledging the receipt of your documents. Don't worry and focus on gathering your visa documents in the meantime.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Amazeballs

Feb 27, 2021
Hello,
I am currently a final year student in a university in Accounting in Nigeria with a CGPA of 3.27/5.0and my last GPA was 3.75/5.0. I would like to know if I could apply to the following schools for an MBA with my current CGPA. These schools are;
- Centennial college( a PGC in Marketing Management)
- University of Alberta ( an MBA with specialization in innovation and Entrepreneurship )
- Concordia University ( an MBA)

Please help me understand this if I can and if there’s anything I can do to make up for my low GPA like writing the GMAT or GRE exams.
I want to attend the Fall/Winter semester this year.
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I am currently a final year student in a university in Accounting in Nigeria with a CGPA of 3.27/5.0and my last GPA was 3.75/5.0. I would like to know if I could apply to the following schools for an MBA with my current CGPA. These schools are;
- Centennial college( a PGC in Marketing Management)
- University of Alberta ( an MBA with specialization in innovation and Entrepreneurship )
- Concordia University ( an MBA)

Please help me understand this if I can and if there’s anything I can do to make up for my low GPA like writing the GMAT or GRE exams.
I want to attend the Fall/Winter semester this year.
Thank you
Probably tough to get approved with the 3.27 but if your last 2 years have a GPA of 3,75 you can stress that you went through some adjustment issues in the first 2 years of university. A good score on a GMAT will help. It really depends who else applies for the MBA program as an international student. GPA requirements are generally lower for international students. Not sure how you would justify a degree in Marketing management if you have just finished an accounting degree. Even an MBA is tough to justify if you have just finished an accounting degree with no work experience after your degree. There is likely to be a lot of overlap in an accounting degree and a general MBA. You need to show how this will lead to career advancement. It would be best to get some professional exprerience before doing an MBA.