+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience through Aiesec

Roellazaro

Nov 12, 2018
Hi there,

I was accepted and given a job offer on a hotel in Cold Lake Canada and my papers was supposed to be processed by Aiesec but they had a visa shutdown last month. Now that the visa office is already open, they told me that the government removed Philippines (my country) from the list of accepted countries to apply for International Experience. In this case, my employer doesn’t know how she’ll be able to bring me in Canada since she usually do it through Aiesec. What other options can my employer do for her to issue me work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

I was accepted and given a job offer on a hotel in Cold Lake Canada and my papers was supposed to be processed by Aiesec but they had a visa shutdown last month. Now that the visa office is already open, they told me that the government removed Philippines (my country) from the list of accepted countries to apply for International Experience. In this case, my employer doesn’t know how she’ll be able to bring me in Canada since she usually do it through Aiesec. What other options can my employer do for her to issue me work permit?
She would need to obtain an approved LMIA. This is typically a 4-6 month process with no guarantee of approval.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
This doesn't make sense to me. The point of "recognized organizations" like AIESEC is to provide a structure for IEC applicants from countries that do not have a bilateral agreement/arrangement.

I suggest contacting one of the other ROs and see what they say. INTERNeX appears to have a focus on hospitality positions.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/ros.asp