+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Driving Licence & Letter of Authenticity from India

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indian Driving Licence - Particulars Letter (Authenticity letter and International Driving Licence)

Hi All,

Though I should share this with you

If you are a resident of India and have an Indian Driving Licence.

The international Driving Licence fee is 500 INR and now days it is just a print out. 08:30 - 12:30 forms can be submitted and International Driving Licence can be issued same day.

Other most important letter is the authenticity letter for your India DL. It is called as Particulars letter. Very easy to get. Goto the RTO and tell them to take a print out of your DL particulars and verify it. That is it. It will help you to fetch Canadian Driving Licence and may be help you upgrade the driving class as well.

Best of luck all

Source:http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_transport/Transport/Home/Driving+Licence/International+Driving+Licence

International driving licenses are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving license :-

-Valid driving licence issued.
-attested copy of address proof.
-attested copy of Birth certificate
-Valid passport
-Valid Visa
-Fee of Rs. 500/-
-Five passport size photograph.
-Medical Form 1A ( Medical Certificate required in case of applicant more than 50 years of age).

The International driving license is issued from 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM from the Concerned Zonal Office

sanju1676

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Thanks Rockey,
One question is, we need to provide address proof so it means we can not get it from any place,for example if I am living in Kolkata, I have address proof from here so can I get particulers letter from hyderabad and my indian license is from delhi.

Please answer!!

Itzeazy21

Dec 6, 2023
Yes before applying for the international driving licence,it is necessary to have domestic driving licence. Before applying for international check the expiry of driving licence. If it expired ,go for driving licence renewal at respective RTO Bangalore, Mumbai from where you have received the domestic.