+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Criminal Check

Ronnn

Nov 26, 2015
Hi all,

I am a return resident, I left Canada for over 15 years and back this Aug.
Recently I got an offer for a job, however they said they couldn't process my local credit and criminal check due to I left Canada for a long period of time.

They requested me to get a local credit and criminal check (in this case Hong Kong).
My problem is, Hong Kong Police will not issue criminal check for personal use, they will only issue for visa application or immigration issue. HK police suggested me to contact Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong for assistant. I contacted them but still no response.

Anyone here have similar experience? Or any alternative?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Ronnn said:
Hi all,

I am a return resident, I left Canada for over 15 years and back this Aug.
Recently I got an offer for a job, however they said they couldn't process my local credit and criminal check due to I left Canada for a long period of time.

They requested me to get a local credit and criminal check (in this case Hong Kong).
My problem is, Hong Kong Police will not issue criminal check for personal use, they will only issue for visa application or immigration issue. HK police suggested me to contact Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong for assistant. I contacted them but still no response.

Anyone here have similar experience? Or any alternative?
There are companies that specialize on this. Their services are not cheap.
Google it, it is simple "International Criminal Check"...

I would challenge the employer, if they want an international criminal check then they should have a firm that runs it, and you should only be asked for details. If the company does not have that they shouldn't be asking you to run one. Many companies hire these companies as they employ several immigrants, so that is a common scenario.

Honestly I would look for another job, it will take less time and less money.