+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention to refuse QSWP

m.ali

Sep 24, 2013
Hi there.
Recently i received a letter from midi for intention to refuse because i don't have enough points. So its mean even if you have VJO and closed work permit and you got invitation to apply, they will approve your CSQ application on the basis of points.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi there.
Recently i received a letter from midi for intention to refuse because i don't have enough points. So its mean even if you have VJO and closed work permit and you got invitation to apply, they will approve your CSQ application on the basis of points.
Do you have VJO? Occupation, Location - Montreal or outside, points, any french scores?

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Yes VJO, Montréal, restaurant manager, 45 points and no French course.
Okay. Someone with 41 points got invite and csq later but he was from essential service and outside Montreal.
What a lawyer shared with someone who's processing his VJO and Arrima is that a vjo would get guaranteed invite but csq would depend on essential service or not, location - Outside Montreal preference. And he says they may give preference to french standardized test holders. This is all in combination as MIFI doesn't share everything. In Nutshell they decide who to pick.
Points don't have a big role if you have VJO. But your case proves otherwise.
Did you hire a lawyer or did it on your own?
Take a consultation from some expert lawyer. Won't cost you much.

m.ali

Sep 24, 2013
I am totally screwed up. I had a choice to choose between PEQ and Qswp. I choosed QSWP because of no interview. Now PEQ are not accepting B2 French course.

Do you know any lawyer who can help me on this matter?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I am totally screwed up. I had a choice to choose between PEQ and Qswp. I choosed QSWP because of no interview. Now PEQ are not accepting B2 French course.

Do you know any lawyer who can help me on this matter?
Yes you are, unfortunately.
But if you got your pgwp or any wp before 22 July, 2020, old rules apply to you, which means 12 months experience and B2 certification class also according to their list of accredited cerification class providers.

m.ali

Sep 24, 2013
For old rules, i read this on midi website but i am not sure it apply on me. My latest work permit was issued on June 1st 2020. Do you think, old rules apply on me?.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
For old rules, i read this on midi website but i am not sure it apply on me. My latest work permit was issued on June 1st 2020. Do you think, old rules apply on me?.
Yes old rules apply on you. Get your file ready asap. Consult Nadia Barrou or David Chalk regarding your file. Don't hire them, they are expensive. Just get them to check your file. Shouldn't cost much time and money.