+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intent to reside in Quebec declaration - Can I move to Toronto right after getting PR

fahsam

Nov 12, 2014
I was selected as part of QSW immigrant program in 2018 and landed in Quebec and after obtaining PR I moved to Toronto. My worry is will it create any adverse consequence regarding future citizenship? I've been trying to find any definite information pertaining to a legal obligation to stay in Québec but reading mix answers. Some would argue that its a legal obligation otherwise I can be charged for misdeclaration on my application and immigration can revoke the status while some say I have mobility right to move anywhere in Canada. Is there any way this can be confirmed through official source?? Pls help as I am sure there will be many in similar situation or might have gone through this and were either successful in getting citizenship or faced any legal implication. Pls share your advice or experiences .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was selected as part of QSW immigrant program in 2018 and landed in Quebec and after obtaining PR I moved to Toronto. My worry is will it create any adverse consequence regarding future citizenship? I've been trying to find any definite information pertaining to a legal obligation to stay in Québec but reading mix answers. Some would argue that its a legal obligation otherwise I can be charged for misdeclaration on my application and immigration can revoke the status while some say I have mobility right to move anywhere in Canada. Is there any way this can be confirmed through official source?? Pls help as I am sure there will be many in similar situation or might have gone through this and were either successful in getting citizenship or faced any legal implication. Pls share your advice or experiences .
How long did you spend in Quebec after PR?