+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Instruction - Apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

abhinavsharma

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
Hi!!

I'm sorry if this question is not specific/relevant enough for this forum. I hope my question falls under this forum.
I applied for bridging work permit on June 8th after receiving my acknowledgment of receipt (AOR) for my CEC Inland application. My work permit expires on June 23rd. Can I continue working while my bridging open work permit and my PR application is being processed???

Thank you so much for sharing that link. Much appreciated :)

abhinavsharma

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2017

abhinavsharma

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
Yes you can, as long as you applied before your current one expires. You have an implied status. Check this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

However, if your HR asks about it, you need to ask a registered immigration consultant or lawyer to provide a letter explaining your current status.

Hope this helps~

Also, just to confirm, it's not any ordinary work permit, it is a Post-Graduate Work Permit that is about to expire. Even for these work permits (which are not extendible usually), the same implied status hold where I can work post expiry date, while my Open Bridge Work Permit application is being processed?????

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, just to confirm, it's not any ordinary work permit, it is a Post-Graduate Work Permit that is about to expire. Even for these work permits (which are not extendible usually), the same implied status hold where I can work post expiry date, while my Open Bridge Work Permit application is being processed?????
yes , you can work on implied status even its any type of work permit you already have or going to expire .....as long as you are applying Open work permit application

Reactions: abhinavsharma

abhinavsharma

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
yes , you can work on implied status even its any type of work permit you already have or going to expire .....as long as you are applying Open work permit application

Thank you so much for your immensely helpful response. Much appreciated.

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Here is the link (google doc) of the instructions to Apply for a bridging open work permit. Let me know if you have more questions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aZyVqQk84tyZiHI8bQq9k2iWpZjTQl4eGw9YISEDTqg/pub

Remember you need to have Acknowledgement of Receipt with IRCC file number to apply.
Yesterday my friend got refusal... officer said u didn't satisfy me that ur pnp is unrestricted, but he have No restrictions on employment... it is clearly written "No" in Employment Restrictions box.... i don't know why they refused even then ... what u think what could b the other reason? He have Aor and he attached aor in file...

skaur78620

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi there,

To apply for BOWP we need an acknowledgement receipt, so how many days does CIC takes to provide AOR after you submit PR application through Express Entry system?

Please provide me an answer. Thanks a lot in advanc
Here is the link (google doc) of the instructions to Apply for a bridging open work permit. Let me know if you have more questions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aZyVqQk84tyZiHI8bQq9k2iWpZjTQl4eGw9YISEDTqg/pub

Remember you need to have Acknowledgement of Receipt with IRCC file number to apply.

Hi there,

To apply for BOWP we need an acknowledgement receipt, so how many days does CIC takes to provide AOR after you submit PR application through Express Entry system?

Please provide me an answer I have really tight deadline left till 10 december. Thanks a lot in advance.

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hi,

My closed work permit is about to expire and my job contract as well. I already applied for PR and I want to stay for the decision, so I will apply for Bridging Open Work Permit

The problem is that I don't have a new job offer, so for the form "imm5710e" I will choose "*An initial work permit….new employer". How should I fill the Prospective Employer information?

Thank you

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi,

My closed work permit is about to expire and my job contract as well. I already applied for PR and I want to stay for the decision, so I will apply for Bridging Open Work Permit

The problem is that I don't have a new job offer, so for the form "imm5710e" I will choose "*An initial work permit….new employer". How should I fill the Prospective Employer information?

Thank you
Hi. I guess you could try to renew your work permit by submitting the form without a Letter of Employment, before your permit expires. But if I’m not mistaken, Bridging Open Work Permit is only for Open Work Permit holders.

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019

Hi There..
I am living in Ontario and my workpermit expire in 31 August so can you tell me how can apply online for Bridge work permit..???
I tried on cic but its only show me Paper application

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019

Hi Mandy...
I am applyig for Bridge work permit..
I have my pr file in process...
i am filling the 5710 so do i need to check mark the box that has "Apply for a work permit with same employee"????
Unfortunately right now i don't have a same employer...
Suggestions plzzz.
Thaks

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019
Hi,

Thank you
Hi There...
Actually i have same issues like you have...
My job contract is finished...and work permit about to expire on 28 August 2019..
So which following option i suppose to tick mark when i fill up the 5710 Form..
1) Apply for a work permit with the same employer..
2) apply for a work permit for a first time or a new employer..
3) Get a new temporary resident permit(for inadmissible applicant's only)..
4) Restore my status as a work...