07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Mbazinga said:
Hi, Im a bit nervous from this update, will that affect the people that already applied " i applied sept. 2015" , i'm scared that they may return back the application because of the form update so i have to start from the beginning again... Is anyone have an experience with that ? :(

Regards
If it got updated in November you will be ok

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
OWP update - Just called CIC this morning because it's now been over 4 months that we've been waiting for my wife's OWP. To be honest, the call center agents always find a way to floor you and make you go "WOW I'm really badword 'd!"...even when you thought you've seen everything. For the first 5 or so minutes, she was not able to locate the OWP application (when we had called before that, someone told us "Yes, I have your file in front of me, everything looks good, we're just waiting to issue.". Soon questions like "Are you sure you've submitted an application" followed...through works of magic (aka doing their job) they finally managed to find it. Application received Jul 23rd - Agent tells my wife that they have yet to assess the OWP application and that it will take another 3 months and do not call before 3 months, there is no point. She sent a note to the processing center and gave me some # starting with a "W" to track the progress only. I am still not sure what the number is nor how to use it. We're sitting here, basically baffled and we're really re-thinking our decision. Sorry for the negative rant everyone just REALLY tired of being treated like a idiot when you ask for info on a service you've PAID FOR. Not sure where to go from here and would appreciate some ideas. I did e-mail my MP and sent a case specific inquiry already.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markito said:
OWP update - Just called CIC this morning because it's now been over 4 months that we've been waiting for my wife's OWP. To be honest, the call center agents always find a way to floor you and make you go "WOW I'm really badword 'd!"...even when you thought you've seen everything. For the first 5 or so minutes, she was not able to locate the OWP application (when we had called before that, someone told us "Yes, I have your file in front of me, everything looks good, we're just waiting to issue.". Soon questions like "Are you sure you've submitted an application" followed...through works of magic (aka doing their job) they finally managed to find it. Application received Jul 23rd - Agent tells my wife that they have yet to assess the OWP application and that it will take another 3 months and do not call before 3 months, there is no point. She sent a note to the processing center and gave me some # starting with a "W" to track the progress only. I am still not sure what the number is nor how to use it. We're sitting here, basically baffled and we're really re-thinking our decision. Sorry for the negative rant everyone just REALLY tired of being treated like a idiot when you ask for info on a service you've PAID FOR. Not sure where to go from here and would appreciate some ideas. I did e-mail my MP and sent a case specific inquiry already.
Gee...I wonder why (or better yet, when) they added the warning, in the `on-hold' spiel, that people using bad language will upset the agent and the call will be terminated.

If the OWP was received on July 23rd, there's no valid reason why it would take another 4 months. Hopefully, your MP can do some good for you.

Good luck!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Mbazinga said:
Hi, Im a bit nervous from this update, will that affect the people that already applied " i applied sept. 2015" , i'm scared that they may return back the application because of the form update so i have to start from the beginning again... Is anyone have an experience with that ? :(

Regards
It can cause problem for those whose application was received this week (I don't know exactly when was the form updated), or will be received in the following weeks. But even if someone send the application in December with the outdated form, there is always a chance that CIC won't send back the application, just asks for an updated form (although I wouldn't bet for that...).

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
Ponga said:
Gee...I wonder why (or better yet, when) they added the warning, in the `on-hold' spiel, that people using bad language will upset the agent and the call will be terminated.

If the OWP was received on July 23rd, there's no valid reason why it would take another 4 months. Hopefully, your MP can do some good for you.

Good luck!
Well... My MP also happens to be a federal minister...I really doubt that my "minor concern " will even be read.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
Unfortunately, the airlines only care about getting revenue; they could care less about issues with CBSA. As long as the traveler has a valid passport to purchase the ticket, that's good enough for them.
I thought the same, then when I went for a vacation after receiving my brand new work permit, they did ask for it at the boarding! The agent looked at my passport, asked what is my status in Canada, and my husband replied by habit that I was a visitor. The agent went to talk to someone else before I had the chance to correct my husband, then he called someone on the phone, then talked to someone else again, then finally came back to us, saying, that there was nothing wrong, but he had to further check some things. At this point I was able to tell (and show) him that I had a work permit, he seemed relieved and assessed my passport and boarding ticket right away.
So, yes, indeed, sometimes the airline is concerned of the status and if the person will be able to return Canada. But of course that doesn't mean that once you are allowed to board you won't have any problems with the CBSA, that's a different story.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
I thought the same, then when I went for a vacation after receiving my brand new work permit, they did ask for it at the boarding! The agent looked at my passport, asked what is my status in Canada, and my husband replied by habit that I was a visitor. The agent went to talk to someone else before I had the chance to correct my husband, then he called someone on the phone, then talked to someone else again, then finally came back to us, saying, that there was nothing wrong, but he had to further check some things. At this point I was able to tell (and show) him that I had a work permit, he seemed relieved and assessed my passport and boarding ticket right away.
So, yes, indeed, sometimes the airline is concerned of the status and if the person will be able to return Canada. But of course that doesn't mean that once you are allowed to board you won't have any problems with the CBSA, that's a different story.
Wait! So...you took your OWP with you...on your vacation?!

That's crazy! :-\

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
Wait! So...you took your OWP with you...on your vacation?!

That's crazy! :-\
I guessed that I have the best chances to be allowed back to the country if I have my original work permit with me. So yes, my work permit was sitting in the safe of our hotel room for a week :)

mattster26

Nov 24, 2015
sophieee said:
Was this on your way OUT of Canada? I'm guessing that could make sense - the airline making sure you can make the return journey. We're travelling back to Canada on an outbound (first) leg of a ticket, with a valid return ticket, so I'm hoping the process will be exactly the same as it was when we came in over the summer - a few general questions and passport stamped with entry stamp, valid for a stay of 180 days. Fingers crossed...

And sophieee, I tried sending you a message to add us to the timeline spreadsheet if possible, I think it did not go through though; application delivered OCT 15, including OWP, upfront medical, police check. No word as of yet, hoping to get AOR and OWP in Feb of next year.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mattster26 said:
Was this on your way OUT of Canada? I'm guessing that could make sense - the airline making sure you can make the return journey. We're travelling back to Canada on an outbound (first) leg of a ticket, with a valid return ticket, so I'm hoping the process will be exactly the same as it was when we came in over the summer - a few general questions and passport stamped with entry stamp, valid for a stay of 180 days. Fingers crossed...

And sophieee, I tried sending you a message to add us to the timeline spreadsheet if possible, I think it did not go through though; application delivered OCT 15, including OWP, upfront medical, police check. No word as of yet, hoping to get AOR and OWP in Feb of next year.
I received the message, thanks for sharing your info!

And yes, it happened on our way to Cuba. Maybe the airline was afraid that I will be their problem if I'm not allowed back to Canada... I don't know. On the way back everything was fine, my husband came with me in the line for non-Canadians, couple standard questions and we were good to go.

Jeje

Dec 1, 2014
km9203 said:
I did it the day I received OWP. Says when my app was received and medical a received
I have another good news. Today my husband get an email for AOR :D yayy
Can't believe that I got owp first before AOR :)

Jeje

Dec 1, 2014
Hi Sophiee
Please add me to the spreadsheet :)
Thank you for organizing things.
Category : Fam
Visa office: Mississauga
App file : Aug 27th 2015
AOR received : November 25th 2015
OWP received: November 23rd 2015
Submitted Med : Yes
Submitted Police record : Yes

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Well after lurking forever I might as well join the wait...I mean the fun!

Here's the details for the spreadsheet:

App recvd: August 27, 2015
AOR: not yet
AIP: not yet
OWP application recvd: August 27, 2015
OWP: not yet
DM: not yet
Country of Origin: Thailand
Residence: BC
Meds sent w/app: no
Police Check sent w/app: no
PR/Landing: not yet

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
DustinBrett said:
I just mailed out my application this morning (Nov 23rd, 2015) via UPS Express Saver w/Sig.

Permanent Resident (Envelope & Table of Contents):
Regarding this application, I noticed in your table of contents you listed "2014 Notice of Assessment". I hope you didn't make the mistake of actually sending CRA's Notice of Assessment. CIC wants and what they ask for is the "Option C" printout. Some people mistakenly think that is the same as the NoA but it is not. The Option C printout is much more detailed and specifically contains info that CIC wants to see that the NoA doesn't include.

Lack of proper Option C printout is listed by CIC in the guide as one of the top reasons (along with missing signatures) that application are sent back as incomplete.

I hope you're all good though!

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
Hi all,

Just received AOR (Nov 25th) saying my application was received 2015/08/26, could admins please update my info on the spreadsheet?

Also I sent a police certificate but haven't completed medical yet

Thanks!

Sam