+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

adivas

Jun 24, 2015
Hi guys i need bit of advise with my application
I sent my PR application on 11th May 2015 under Spouse sponsorship category and i still haven't received my AOR. Currently i have a open work permit till mid september and very recently i was informed that i was suppose to send my open work permit application with my PR application. Since i didn't send my OWP application. What can be done now. How do i apply for the new pilot OWP?
Please suggest.
Thanks

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
adivas,

search "program delivery update december 22" it mentions getting an OWP while your PR application is being processed and gives instructions on what to do if an application has already been sent

As far as I know, if you apply to extend an OWP/get a two year permit before your current one expires you will have implied status until a decision is made, although don't take me word for it. :)

Forlorn

Oct 25, 2014
Hello, im june 10 2015 inland family sponsor Cpc Mississauga, still didn't have yet AOR, may I know how long take time for AOR or finalize to my paper? please

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
kuriositty said:
Yes, when you get an approval for a visitor extension a copy gets sent in the mail especially if you sent in a paper application. I applied online and it came via my online account with CIC. I don't know if a copy was suppose to be mailed to me or not, but I never received it in my physical mailbox.
Hi,

Can I ask how long did it take to get for your extension visa?thanks

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
candy_lite said:
Hi,

Can I ask how long did it take to get for your extension visa?thanks
I had applied Online for it in January and it didn't get approved until the middle of March.

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
GG_wife said:
Thanks for sharing your story!
I am in somewhat similar situation: I sent my visitor visa extension separately from the PR+OWP app. I did not know it had to be in one package. I thought CIC can see both applications and they do not have to assume whether people will send in their PR app or not, but they can actually see it when the decision is made on the visitor extension. You also have two different mailing addresses for visitor visa extension and PR.

For visitor visa it is from the CIC website:

•Address the envelope as follows: CPC-Vegreville
Visitor and Temporary Resident Permit
6212 – 55th Avenue, Unit 303
Vegreville AB
T9C 1W1

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp#5551E6)

For PR again from the CIC website:

If you are sending the application by a courier service, use the following address (no public drop-offs):

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#5289E6)

so it is interesting that they gave you that explanation that it should have been in one package. Or do they say it has to be at the same time when PR is sent (not necessarily in the same package, because that is counterintuitive with the two mailing addresses on CIC website) ?

the only difference in my story is that I have the AOR and UCI number on PR, and most likely my visitor visa extension did not start to be processed yet, but soon should be starting. According to CIC website they are processing now Feb 2015 visitor visa extensions and I sent mine on March 7th. We will see what difference it makes.

thanks again for sharing your story!!all the best to you!
Hi,

I followed the address at the bottom of the application which is different from this :( I have sent my application thru loomis express. Will my application be returned?

Thanks

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
wonderbelle said:
thank you so much GG_wife for the wonderful insight :) it's really a big help for me on what to do. I'll try to wait for my AOR first before sending the receipt, hope it'll not going to be a long wait :)
sure thing, your welcome:) but as I said some people got back their OWP application and had to apply again for OWP b/c of insufficient amount on the first place

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Sammyk240 said:
Hey all,

I'm getting all my documents ready to send in for the spousal visa, do people usually wait to get the AOR before doing their medical as it's only valid for a year? I don't particularly want to pay $300 two times for the same medical twice :)

Thanks for the help!
hey, I would suggest to read the document Sophieee put together: http://goo.gl/yPWcrr
It is the best guide you can find on spouse sponsorship.

for the medical so0me ppl do not send it upfront b/c it is processed only at the second stage of application and wait untill CIC reaches out to them. Upside of this: the waiting time more than likely exceeds 1 year and the medical will expire by the time it is needed and you need to do it again. Downside of this: if you do not do your medical upfront and if you apply for OWP you will get restrictions on your OWP b/c w/o medical you can not work in agriculture, health science and schools. Also if the waiting time during the first stage ends up shorter than 1 year and you get your AIP you will not be able to get your DM at the same time with the AIP, b/c they need your medical for DM.

please read the FAQ as well it is well worthy! :)

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Forlorn said:
Hello, im june 10 2015 inland family sponsor Cpc Mississauga, still didn't have yet AOR, may I know how long take time for AOR or finalize to my paper? please
:) be patient, it's going to take a while:)

some people get it around 30 days, some 60 days some even more. Unfortunately there is not way to tell when the AOR will be sent to you.
Also in some cases AOR sent both to sponsor and the principal applicant as well, in some other cases only either to sponsor or to principal applicant

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
candy_lite said:
Hi,

I followed the address at the bottom of the application which is different from this :( I have sent my application thru loomis express. Will my application be returned?

Thanks
hello,
which application? visitor visa/ spouse sponsorship/ OWP?

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
dreematt said:
Hi kimzie i phone the CIC yesterday i don't know why every agent have different answer with regards to the processing of re submitted OPW app. The first time i phone the agent said i wont have to wait for another 4 months again but yesterday the agent that i talked to said i will have to wait for another 4 months. Makes the waiting time more stress right? Can you update me if you will get your OPW anytime soon? SO i can have idea if mine will be coming soon to or on the next 4 months. Thank you and best of Luck to all of us that's waiting patiently.
Hi dreematt, i also called cic many times and they also gave me different answers. now we are just hoping that we will get the OWP soon and praying and hoping it won't take us another 4 months.. i will update you once we get it. pls do the same for me as well. thanks

Forlorn

Oct 25, 2014
Thank you so much GG_Wife for urs kind information, m just bit worried if Cpc received my file or no ..as per courier they received but still some how worried...

tnx

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Hi Sophie: I submitted my inland sponsorship application with my medical examen i already get AIP and meet the eligibility to apply for PR but when I check my Status online it says that (Medical results have been received.) do you have idea approximately how long take to CiC to complete medical,security and background checks for inland sponsorship for PR.