+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
I got my OWP today! :) My application was received March 3, 2015. Issued May 6, 2015 for two years. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
RenW said:
I got my OWP today! :) My application was received March 3, 2015. Issued May 6, 2015 for two years. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon.
Wow congrats, thats great! Did you get an AOR?

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
then you received AOR in less than a month?

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
MariMari7 said:
then you received AOR in less than a month?
YES. I received the first one the 14th March and the second one March 29th...

Some persons never get AOR but got their OWP. Try giving cic a call to see if they have it in their system.

May 7, 2015
Johninsask said:
Regarding the updated IMM0008:
I applied May 4th (received by CIC on May 6th) and when I did my final check on the morning of May 4th, the latest update read February 2015. Naturally. (Perhaps this is because Chrome displayed a cached version of the website? Who knows).

I studied the application. Unlike in the last wave of application returns, the difference this time is in the disclosure paragraph on the final page, *after* the signature part. The February 2015 version is one paragraph of boilerplate. The "April" 2015 version is several paragraphs (delving into biometrics and other items no one reads). My initial feeling is that this may not matter since the disclosure has no bearing on how any of the questions are answered, but this is CIC...

I guess we have to cross our fingers. My partner has a baby on the way and I need that OWP... I'm crossing mine.

Thanks for the info! :)

UPDATE:
I spoke with a CIC Call Centre agent (probably the most competent agent I've dealt with) and he said (as Ponga alluded to) that it's at the discretion of the initial agent. He also added, though, that if the difference between the old and new forms really is just in the disclosure section at the end (i.e. in the fine print), then the agent probably isn't going to return the application, especially if it's received within a few weeks of the point in time when the application was updated. The agent further added that upon AOR, it really cannot hurt to resend form IMM008 with an explanation (so to avoid delays at stage one).

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Hey guys you know the first question on the application to sponsor that ask what u wanna do if the sponsor is found ineligible to sponsor if the sponsor wants to get a refund or continue with the application for permanent residence. What would be the best one to check off cause am assuming if the sponsor is ineligible the principal applicant wouldn't get permanent residence. Help plz

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
RenW said:

Some persons never get AOR but got their OWP. Try giving cic a call to see if they have it in their system.
congrats RenW :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nisha647 said:
Hey guys you know the first question on the application to sponsor that ask what u wanna do if the sponsor is found ineligible to sponsor if the sponsor wants to get a refund or continue with the application for permanent residence. What would be the best one to check off cause am assuming if the sponsor is ineligible the principal applicant wouldn't get permanent residence. Help plz
Check `No', because your theory is correct.

Good luck!

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Ponga said:
Check `No', because your theory is correct.

Good luck!
Thank you Ponga....so also to confirm the OWP and application should be sent to the same CPC-M, PO box 5040 STN B, Mississauga? And the OWP doesn't need any photos right.

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
RenW said:
Thanks! If you havent gotten yours as yet..i bet you soon will. :)
we hope so too.. thanks for keeping us posted :)

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
Nisha647 said:
Thank you Ponga....so also to confirm the OWP and application should be sent to the same CPC-M, PO box 5040 STN B, Mississauga? And the OWP doesn't need any photos right.
Yes you should put the OWP application together with the Inland spousal application package.
no photos required for the OWP

jesty195

Jul 23, 2013
RenW said:

Congratulations! CIC received our application for PR and OWP on Feb 9 2015. We received AOR on April 1 2015. Until now we have no news... Hopefully we get the OWP soon!!!!