+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

LV87

Feb 11, 2015
Hi All,

Very informative thread, I have a question hopefully somebody can answer for me!

We sent our PR application & OWP at the start of this week, we are being supported by my company via an immigration lawyer, however he isn't great to work with to be honest and he gives inconsistent information to us regularly.

With regards the processing times for the OWP, does the process timeline start from AOR or does it start from the date it is received? (i.e hopefully this week). So am I to expect to see an OWP in 3-4 months from now (fingers crossed) or am I expecting to see it 3-4 months after we receive AOR?

Thanks in advance! :)

marketa06

Feb 26, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I'm on IEC visa expiring in May, I applied for PR and OWP a month ago. Once my IEC visa expires, will it give me automatically a visitor status? I know I should be on implied status, I'm just not sure how it is specified. After reading all the discussions I guess it does not give me right to continue working, but I am wondering if it then gives me automatically a visitor status.

Thanks for any answers!

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
Hi everyone,
My husband applied for inland sponsorship for me on 30-10-14. We received open work permit on 26-2-15. My husband received an email from CiC on 27-2-14 stating that we have not received CSQ for your wife yet, so follow the link n apply for csq. We filled the forms attached required docs along with that letter from CIC n sent to MIDI, Montreal for processing on 2-3-15. Now on 13th March, my husband again received email from CIC that they sent that letter to apply for CSQ by mistake due to system's error, and that we should not apply for CSQ at the moment. We are really pissed off.!!!! As payment by CC is also made. Really failed to understand what happened

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
So when am applying for my new OWP I would use the "application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker" for correct? And for #3 what should I select seeing that I already have an open wrk permit that's valid until August this year;

-An initial WP or a WP with a new employer
-A work permit with the same employer

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
jeda555 said:
I am new here. Could you add me in your spreadsheet? Thank you very much
I am applied to PR-Inside by common-law sponsorship
APP send: 6 March 2015
CIC received: 9 March 2015 (canada post)
Visa Office: Mississauga
Country of origin: Thailand
Canada city of residence: Halifax, NS
OWP: send with app
Med exam: send with app
Police record: send with app (except the one from USA), still waiting for FBI record and will send later to CIC

I just saw that they update the IM0008 form on 23 Feb, but I used my old form when I send my application to CIC. do i have to resend the new form? and it yes, will CIC still process my application? or will they return the whole package?

Hi jeda555

Did you resend the form? I am in a similar situation. I did not use the updated IM0008 feb 2015 form......i used the nov 2014 form.

Can anyone advise if we should resend that form with a cover letter indicating the error made? My PR & OWP application were received on March 3, 2015 according to CIC.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
LV87 said:
Hi All,

Very informative thread, I have a question hopefully somebody can answer for me!

We sent our PR application & OWP at the start of this week, we are being supported by my company via an immigration lawyer, however he isn't great to work with to be honest and he gives inconsistent information to us regularly.

With regards the processing times for the OWP, does the process timeline start from AOR or does it start from the date it is received? (i.e hopefully this week). So am I to expect to see an OWP in 3-4 months from now (fingers crossed) or am I expecting to see it 3-4 months after we receive AOR?

Thanks in advance! :)
No one knows yet how will it work. The spreadsheet can guide us when we are there.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
marketa06 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I'm on IEC visa expiring in May, I applied for PR and OWP a month ago. Once my IEC visa expires, will it give me automatically a visitor status? I know I should be on implied status, I'm just not sure how it is specified. After reading all the discussions I guess it does not give me right to continue working, but I am wondering if it then gives me automatically a visitor status.

Thanks for any answers!
You will be on implied status, you won't be able to work, but you don't have to do anything.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Aqsamunir said:
Hi everyone,
My husband applied for inland sponsorship for me on 30-10-14. We received open work permit on 26-2-15. My husband received an email from CiC on 27-2-14 stating that we have not received CSQ for your wife yet, so follow the link n apply for csq. We filled the forms attached required docs along with that letter from CIC n sent to MIDI, Montreal for processing on 2-3-15. Now on 13th March, my husband again received email from CIC that they sent that letter to apply for CSQ by mistake due to system's error, and that we should not apply for CSQ at the moment. We are really pissed off.!!!! As payment by CC is also made. Really failed to understand what happened
There is currently a discussion about the problems with CSQ on the 2014 thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2014-t179207.4875.html

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Nisha647 said:
So when am applying for my new OWP I would use the "application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker" for correct? And for #3 what should I select seeing that I already have an open wrk permit that's valid until August this year;

-An initial WP or a WP with a new employer
-A work permit with the same employer
Follow this guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.pc9y7jm7ysay
I would still check the "An initial WP or a WP with a new employer.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
RenW said:
Hi jeda555

Did you resend the form? I am in a similar situation. I did not use the updated IM0008 feb 2015 form......i used the nov 2014 form.

Can anyone advise if we should resend that form with a cover letter indicating the error made? My PR & OWP application were received on March 3, 2015 according to CIC.
You can try that, but my guess is that they will first open and review your original file, decide if they will send back, and only after this would an officer take a look at your second letter. But I don't know how exactly they work.

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
sophieee said:
You can try that, but my guess is that they will first open and review your original file, decide if they will send back, and only after this would an officer take a look at your second letter. But I don't know how exactly they work.

Okok. The thing is I can barely tell the difference with the updated form....

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Guys, when you were submitting the proof of relationship (like cinema tickets, letters for same address etc.) did you unclude in in question 12 in the Questionnaire form or separate from it?

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
marketa06 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for any answers!
Hello,

If I were you, I would change or extend my stay as a Visitor, to keep a visitor status and not to have implied status. You should keep in mind that CIC requires to have a LEGAL status while you're applying for the PR under Family Sponsorship (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp). Also to be granted with the OWP under the Pilot Program you need to have legal status as well (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp).

I suggest to change your IEC to visitor status before you run out of time.

marketa06

Feb 26, 2015
ALEJOMOR said:
Hello,

If I were you, I would change or extend my stay as a Visitor, to keep a visitor status and not to have implied status. You should keep in mind that CIC requires to have a LEGAL status while you're applying for the PR under Family Sponsorship. Also to be granted with the OWP under the Pilot Program you need to have legal status as well.

Hi,

well, I have a legal status at this moment, so where is the problem? I mean, I submitted my PR app and OWP app at the same time while having a legal status (which is indeed a condition for OWP under the Pilot Program), which gives me an implied status - in my case as a visitor - after expiration of my current work permit. So why do I need to apply to change my stay as a visitor as well? I understand that IEC does not give me an implied status as a worker, but it does as a visitor SINCE I sent my apps before the expiration... That´s at least how I understand it and what everybody says on the forums...

jwilcanada

Jan 19, 2015
ALEJOMOR said:
Hello,

If I were you, I would change or extend my stay as a Visitor, to keep a visitor status and not to have implied status. You should keep in mind that CIC requires to have a LEGAL status while you're applying for the PR under Family Sponsorship (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp). Also to be granted with the OWP under the Pilot Program you need to have legal status as well (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp).

I put in my pr app may 2014 and applied for an OWP feb 8th, assuming I could continue working once my IEC visa expired. I know now I'm not legally able to work in 2 weeks while I wait for an OWP but will have visitor visa implied status. Now I'm seeing is IECs cant be extended so I guess that app will be rejected, or unless the 4 month pilot program OWP thing comes soon. How are you meant to keep legal status if your not allowed to leave the country to reenter as a tourist?