+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

frenchwapiti

Hero Member
Jan 15, 2014
350
12
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Canuck*soon said:
Hello all. It's official .... Thrilled beyond words.
We arrived approximately 10:45AM for our 11:15 appointment and there was one other couple in the large waiting room. After waiting several minutes, they called the other couple in and they exited after about ten minutes or so. We were called in next and it seemed very informal and the CIC officer was very nice. She went over a document with us, examined our passports and the documents that we brought with us, and after asking the three questions has me sign.
The only glitch was I may need to redo my photo, as she said it wasn't to exact specifications ( the background may not be white enough and my head didn't fit exactly in the space, though I had gone to someone that advertised that they provide this service. She said she would go ahead and submit it and if it needs to be redone I would receive a letter in a couple of months with directions and also told us where to have the photos taken.
She then sent us next door and we were able to obtain my social insurance number.
Yay!
Stay positive everyone...praying for great news for all soon.
congratulations! it seems this is the only positive news of the week. all the very best for your life as a free Canadian PR.Enjoy your freedom and liberty of move. :)
 

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
7,854
530
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
Landing interview letters are always mailed out by local offices. You should inform Vancouver about the incorrect name spelling right now so they have enough time for correction before your landing.
Yes, should inform the office as soon as possible for the change.

That said, there was a case whereby one person has been informing CIC of the wrong name spelling many times. CIC still gave it the wrong misspelled name. When the applicant showed up at landing, he/she couldn't believe that the name was still spelt wrong on the COPR. So once he/she informed them of the misspelling, the agent told them they will correct the error right on the spot but to come back tomorrow. The system needed a day to update the change. They came back the next day, this time the COPR was updated correctly and was able to land as PR.
 

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
106
1
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
frenchwapiti said:
congratulations! it seems this is the only positive news of the week. all the very best for your life as a free Canadian PR.Enjoy your freedom and liberty of move. :)
Thank you so much frenchwapiti...feeling so very blessed! My spouse and I were married in 2010 and retained an immigration rep in 2011 ( long story - our children in University ..............- they weren't sure !?!? Are they coming or staying !?!? ..... Ummm hello! ) And it dragged on and thus was resubmitted in March 2013) . And despite the roller coaster of emotions and frustrations along the way it was so worth it! Please don't give into negativity and keep busy, knowing it is so worth it in the end. There are simply no words! Two years from today we hope to apply for citizenship.
 

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
133
0
Hi Every Body
I am seeking advice to sponsor by spouse. The situation is given as under
I am PR of Canada and already in Canada but doing my studies
My Spouse on study permit in Canada but her study permit expired in Oct 2014 and not earning degree from here, so not eligible for post graduate work permit.
We got married last year and expecting baby soon.
I am looking to sponsor her for by inland application along with OWP.
She can stay here with me after applying as she eligible to get implied status.
My concern is how i fill out OWP application because it need employment ID and No. et etc in application.
Secondally what are the supporting documents people will add to show genuine relationship.
Currently i have joint bank account, lease agreement, letter from doctor for pregnancy, how much financial bank statement i required, as i am currently student.I have snap for weeding and some trip picture to Toronto, Please let me know any thing that support my application to show its genuineness.
Any suggestion highly appreciated
 

DorothyGale

Newbie
Feb 12, 2013
9
0
dei said:
May I ask when you got your DM? We're waiting for a Vancouver appointment as well.
DM? I'm not sure what that is? The letter saying that his PR application was approved is dated March 27th.

p.s. how do people get all of their dates and info to show up in the sidebar? I couldn't find anything in my profile settings.
 

Linden

Hero Member
Dec 10, 2013
387
4
Ponga said:
Congratulations! And...congratulations (again) for getting your SIN on the spot. Many Inlanders have been told that they must wait until they receive their PR card in the mail to get their SIN.
Yeah I don't get it. I have heard that some inlanders have gotten their permanent SIN# after their landing interview.

Though according to Service Canada website they say they only accept PR cards for Inland Applicants to get their SIN#

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/reports/sin/applying.shtml

Maybe it's certain CIC offices are able to issue SIN#s???
 

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
7,854
530
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Linden said:
Yeah I don't get it. I have heard that some inlanders have gotten their permanent SIN# after their landing interview.

Though according to Service Canada website they say they only accept PR cards for Inland Applicants to get their SIN#

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/reports/sin/applying.shtml

Maybe it's certain CIC offices are able to issue SIN#s???
Only certain CIC offices have an on-site SIN booth for those who landed inland. They can get their permanent SIN on the spot. Etobicoke is one of them. My wife landed there and gotten her SIN on the spot once she was officially landed as PR.

In theory to CIC offical rules, Inlanders were not suppose to have SIN until they get PR card. I think this is a totally unfair rule considering that outlander gets their on their landing or can apply the next day while the inlander have to wait another 2-3 months on top of the very long timeline (longer than outland to add insult to injury) before being able to apply. But I am not complaining.
 

Daizey

Hero Member
Jan 28, 2014
412
8
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Canuck*soon said:
Hello all. It's official .... Thrilled beyond words.
We arrived approximately 10:45AM for our 11:15 appointment in Windsor Ontario and there was one other couple in the large waiting room. After waiting several minutes, they called the other couple in and they exited after about ten minutes or so. We were called in next and it seemed very informal and the CIC officer was very nice. She went over a document with us, examined our passports and the documents that we brought with us, and after asking the three questions has me sign.
The only glitch was I may need to redo my photo, as she said it wasn't to exact specifications ( the background may not be white enough and my head didn't fit exactly in the space, though I had gone to someone that advertised that they provide this service. She said she would go ahead and submit it and if it needs to be redone I would receive a letter in a couple of months with directions and also told us where to have the photos taken.
She then sent us next door and we were able to obtain my social insurance number.
Yay!
Stay positive everyone...praying for great news for all soon.
Congrats! So happy for you that the long and stressful wait is over! Wishing you guys all the best :D
 

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
104
0
amjad3126 said:
Hi Every Body
I am seeking advice to sponsor by spouse. The situation is given as under
I am PR of Canada and already in Canada but doing my studies
My Spouse on study permit in Canada but her study permit expired in Oct 2014 and not earning degree from here, so not eligible for post graduate work permit.
We got married last year and expecting baby soon.
I am looking to sponsor her for by inland application along with OWP.
She can stay here with me after applying as she eligible to get implied status.
My concern is how i fill out OWP application because it need employment ID and No. et etc in application.
Secondally what are the supporting documents people will add to show genuine relationship.
Currently i have joint bank account, lease agreement, letter from doctor for pregnancy, how much financial bank statement i
required, as i am currently student.I have snap for weeding and some trip picture to Toronto, Please let me know any thing that support my application to show its genuineness.
Any suggestion highly appreciated
Don't worry about those you can leave them blank since you don't know yet who your future employer is
It applies only when you apply with lmo which you don't require in this application
 

bruneian

Hero Member
Jun 25, 2013
264
7
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Hey guys my husband got a call from MP who contacted cic on our behalf. They said they will work on my application within the next few weeks so we should hear something back June ish. I'm a July 10th applicant FYI. No PCC, meds sent in dec.
 

GatorSPO

Full Member
Aug 29, 2013
39
0
Been in contact with a member of my MP's staff.
They've contacted CIC who have only stated to check back with them if we have not received any notifications on our file after another 2 months....
I was informed my concerns about the ever lengthening processing time is an operational matter for CIC and that my comments will be forwarded to the Minister......We see how effective that was
 

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
83
4
Hi there,

Anybody know if plane travel within Canada is okay before AIP? Would love to go away to take our minds off this excruciating wait for a few days. Worried though. :'(
 

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
7,854
530
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ruppcs said:
Hi there,

Anybody know if plane travel within Canada is okay before AIP? Would love to go away to take our minds off this excruciating wait for a few days. Worried though. :'(
You can travel anywhere within Canada. Won't have any bearing on your application at any point.
 

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
127
3
bruneian said:
Hey guys my husband got a call from MP who contacted cic on our behalf. They said they will work on my application within the next few weeks so we should hear something back June ish. I'm a July 10th applicant FYI. No PCC, meds sent in dec.
i mean really? that means they are processing one day every 2 weeks! That is crazy.
 

bruneian

Hero Member
Jun 25, 2013
264
7
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
todare said:
i mean really? that means they are processing one day every 2 weeks! That is crazy.
Yeah June is in 2 days so I hope that they start picking up the pace. CIC Winter holiday will be over soon..