+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

rifat

Hero Member
Oct 26, 2013
234
2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Doe123 said:
For those waiting to be scheduled to land at the Vancouver office; what is the current wait time you are being told?

We are now approaching 8 months since Decision Made, and the Call Centre says they can't take action until next month; whatever that means? They already sent a referral to them a couple months ago, and told us the medicals were extended.
Even though I'm in the timeline for the PR we are at 5 months into waiting for landing date and no response but I was told today by CIC agent that we have to wait till end of July. I asked why and he said that they put a delay until July that if you don't receive the PR with in 8 months then they will contact our local office and have them get on it so hubby gets his PR soon..

It's just the procedure and they obviously go by the book so they will tell you that, but I am hoping you guys receive your landing interview letter soon too. hang in there Doe123. God Bless :)
 
 

Olaf-Van

Member
Nov 19, 2013
17
0
rifat said:
Even though I'm in the timeline for the PR we are at 5 months into waiting for landing date and no response but I was told today by CIC agent that we have to wait till end of July. I asked why and he said that they put a delay until July that if you don't receive the PR with in 8 months then they will contact our local office and have them get on it so hubby gets his PR soon..

It's just the procedure and they obviously go by the book so they will tell you that, but I am hoping you guys receive your landing interview letter soon too. hang in there Doe123. God Bless :)
Same here... Got DM on Oct.3, 2013.
Still waiting :-(
 

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
57
2
It might be outdated info now, but years ago my buddy was landing and he went to the border and just did a U-turn maneuver =)) May be it is still possible to just drive down to the border and land that way instead of waiting for all this time. I am not sure if it is even still possible, but it is something to look into.

Best of luck to everybody =))
 

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
5,143
273
122
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CrazzzyCatLady said:
It might be outdated info now, but years ago my buddy was landing and he went to the border and just did a U-turn maneuver =)) May be it is still possible to just drive down to the border and land that way instead of waiting for all this time. I am not sure if it is even still possible, but it is something to look into.

Best of luck to everybody =))
This only works for an Outland application. Inland applicants must land at a local CIC office.

For those who have been waiting more than a month or two for their inland office: write them a letter - the addresses are on the CIC website. In a number of cases where people have done so that's been enough to get someone to find the file and get it moved forward. The Call Centre folks can't really DO anything and if it is lost in the local office you could wait a long time.
 

stoneatlas

Newbie
Jan 16, 2014
7
0
Meant to post an update on my wife's landing in Calgary last month.

We got there 15 minutes before our interview scheduled time, then had to wait in line for about 45 minutes to "check in," followed by another 25 minutes waiting to be called into the interview. The interview was no sweat, just standard questions. Received COPR and were congratulated, then we headed over to get her permanent SIN card. It's in the same building, on the same floor, and took about 20 minutes.

Now we're waiting for the card in the mail, and just hoping we're lucky enough to receive it quickly. Will be nice to be able to finally visit family.

Wish everyone else the best of luck! I'll post again once we get the card so the spreadsheet can be updated.
 
 

qosmio

Full Member
Oct 2, 2013
28
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville__Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
AIP__26 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
qosmio said:
Congratulations Victorswife! :D With your help, I contacted my MP and met him to discuss about my case last week. This morning he called and told me that he contacted CIC and they sent a request about landing schedule for me to the Vanouver office on February 26. He said to me that I should keep monitoring the email address that I received DM in case CIC notifies me about the landing interview. He will also follow my case and if nothing happens until March 26, call him again. Hopefully I will get it soon. :)

P/S: I also sent a email to CIC (question @ cic) to ask about landing schedule last week and got a reply that my medical results expired so I have to do it again. That really freaks me out. After discussing with my MP, I hope I won't have to do it again.
As I mentioned in that previous post, we who have waited for landing date in Vancouver over 4-6 months should contact MP to ask for his/her help. Also, we should call CIC call center many times until being able to ask them to send a notice of request to our local office. In my case, I luckily met a very nice guy who accepted to send a request to Vancouver office on February 26, 2014. Yesterday I called Call Center and being told that they cannot send another request within 3 months but I can send and/or fax a letter to Vancouver office address to ask about my case. My MP told me to contact him again next week if not yet receiving the landing date.

Hope this help to everyone!
 

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
66
3
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
imonec said:
Question: When waiting for letter from local office in Hamilton, will this come to my email same as the previous ones from CIC (CPCV Email Communication) or will they ONLY mail a hard copy letter to my mailing address?
Any other Hamiltonians waiting for their landing interview?
It has been a month since DM now so I'm expecting it soon.
Imo
So I just received my Letter from Hamilton this morning... YAY \o/ !!!!!!

so it is a hardcopy letter in the mail. My landing interview is on Apr 4, 2014 (pls update the spreadsheet Screech)
by that time it will have been over 18 months since my application. Wow.

So the letter states that I have to bring copies of all documents issued by CIC... what does this include? all the emails, letters, visas, work permits, or what?

So thankful this process is nearing completion... Ready to start the next! Citizenship...
Imo
 

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
3,239
308
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
imonec said:
So I just received my Letter from Hamilton this morning... YAY \o/ !!!!!!

so it is a hardcopy letter in the mail. My landing interview is on Apr 4, 2014 (pls update the spreadsheet Screech)
by that time it will have been over 18 months since my application. Wow.

So the letter states that I have to bring copies of all documents issued by CIC... what does this include? all the emails, letters, visas, work permits, or what?

So thankful this process is nearing completion... Ready to start the next! Citizenship...
Imo
No, it only means and work permits or study permits, visitor permits, things of that nature.
 
 

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
7,859
538
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
imonec said:
So I just received my Letter from Hamilton this morning... YAY \o/ !!!!!!

so it is a hardcopy letter in the mail. My landing interview is on Apr 4, 2014 (pls update the spreadsheet Screech)
by that time it will have been over 18 months since my application. Wow.

So the letter states that I have to bring copies of all documents issued by CIC... what does this include? all the emails, letters, visas, work permits, or what?

So thankful this process is nearing completion... Ready to start the next! Citizenship...
Imo
Congrats on getting your landing letter.

I have updated your status.

As alurra71 mentioned above, they meant, visitor visa, OWP, visitor extensions, that sort of thing. Anything that CIC gave you that granted you legal status in Canada.

Screech339
 

rifat

Hero Member
Oct 26, 2013
234
2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
imonec said:
So I just received my Letter from Hamilton this morning... YAY \o/ !!!!!!

so it is a hardcopy letter in the mail. My landing interview is on Apr 4, 2014 (pls update the spreadsheet Screech)
by that time it will have been over 18 months since my application. Wow.

So the letter states that I have to bring copies of all documents issued by CIC... what does this include? all the emails, letters, visas, work permits, or what?

So thankful this process is nearing completion... Ready to start the next! Citizenship...
Imo
Congratulations very happy for you:)
 

sunsun

Hero Member
Apr 20, 2012
590
16
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Today I received my PR Card and I would like to say thank you very much to Screech339 for updating...
 

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
7,859
538
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunsun said:
Today I received my PR Card and I would like to say thank you very much to Screech339 for updating...
No problem. Congrats.

Screech339
 
 

sakay

Member
Jul 21, 2013
14
0
hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me.

my wife had a student visa in canada then had a PGWP.. then after it expired we applied for inland spousal sponsorship last july 2013 + application for visitors visa. last august she got visitors permit for 1 year.

so now, i am wondering, can we still apply for OWP?

anybody here has experience on this? thanks
 

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
3,239
308
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
sakay said:
hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me.

my wife had a student visa in canada then had a PGWP.. then after it expired we applied for inland spousal sponsorship last july 2013 + application for visitors visa. last august she got visitors permit for 1 year.

so now, i am wondering, can we still apply for OWP?

anybody here has experience on this? thanks
as soon as your stage 1 of your application for sponsorship is approved, then you can file for your OWP.