+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Annabell

Full Member
Jun 27, 2013
42
3
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
0422
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
Hi Migraine and Mimence,
My AIP was Oct 2nd, no dependants, marriage not questioned, medical automatically extended until Sept 2014, police check ok, no docs needed, nothing missing, nothing wrong. I was told by CIC agent my case is a normal, straightforward one and they can't explain the delay and that I can call on June 2nd as that's the 8 month mark and ask them to chase it up. Until then I can only wait. Only hope once get DM that I'm not waiting forever for my landing as I'm in Calgary and hear it can take a while.

And yes I feel the same as you and others who are still waiting. Im not writing the exact words as it would need censoring!

I'm just glad I've got my work permit and now a job so I'm not stressing as much. Really hope were all done soon.
 
 

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
59
1
Alurra71 said:
I thought so as well, the next question would be is why the hell hasn't your consultant contacted you to let you know they have it?
They haven't received it in their office yet either but if they do will forward it to use the same day.
I don't trust anything CIC Call centre tells us. They told us the opposite of what actually happened before like when we got DM letter in email when they told us it was sent to consultant in regular mail. (he never received). so you cannot trust them , tomorrow, my wife can try to call again or even go to local office to see if they have it
 

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
141
7
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Migrain said:
I would like to take a roll call of all 2012 applicants still awaiting DM. When did 2012 applicants receive AIP (i.e. how long awaiting DM)?

In our case, AIP was mid-Oct 2013, so has only been 4 months (CIC standard is 8 months for stage 2 - DM).
2012 ers still waiting, I highly recommend to get your Member of Parliment to call on your behalf. They have a special phone line to call CIC directly. When I called.. I was told to call back in May 2014. 2 days later my MP office called and were told we were in final review stage. We received DM the next day.

Here is a link to find your MP. All the best. We are all rooting for you!

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC
 

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
80
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Migrain said:
Nairaboy,

Sorry to hear about your delays. Have you requested GCMS notes?

I would like to take a roll call of all 2012 applicants still awaiting DM. When did 2012 applicants receive AIP (i.e. how long awaiting DM)?

In our case, AIP was mid-Oct 2013, so has only been 4 months (CIC standard is 8 months for stage 2 - DM).
Thanks everyone who has replied to my roll call. Please keep them coming in.

I have requested GCMS notes. I spoke to CIC approx. 2 weeks ago and they said everything in order. Meds were completed in Oct. 2012. Haven't received request to re-do nor a notation that they have been extended (I assume without hearing anything about re-doing that original meds are still valid - should I assume this?).

Although we're only at the 4 month marker, I'm becoming impatient.

Good luck to all!
 

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
80
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Victorswife said:
2012 ers still waiting, I highly recommend to get your Member of Parliment to call on your behalf. They have a special phone line to call CIC directly. When I called.. I was told to call back in May 2014. 2 days later my MP office called and were told we were in final review stage. We received DM the next day.

Here is a link to find your MP. All the best. We are all rooting for you!

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Victorswife.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Once I receive my GCMS notes, my next step will be contacting my MP.
 
 

Mimence777

Full Member
Jul 26, 2013
29
0
I called my MP's office last month....and the secretary told me that I haven't waited long enough....?!?! that I need to wait for 1 year after AIP (this is the timeline she said) before they can call to "bother" them about my file. SHe said they are slowing them down?!?!? Makes me soooo mad.... seriously? slowing them down? Well, they are pretty quick now to bring down AIP for current applicants to 7 months, but are in no hurry for the applicants that have already been waiting for 11-12 months for AIP and of course we need to wait even longer for DM. Somebody, please, explain to me how does this make sense? :mad: :mad: :mad:. So, there is no hope and no help....awesome!
 

CFC123

Member
Feb 7, 2014
19
0
Mimence777 said:
I called my MP's office last month....and the secretary told me that I haven't waited long enough....?!?! that I need to wait for 1 year after AIP (this is the timeline she said) before they can call to "bother" them about my file. SHe said they are slowing them down?!?!? Makes me soooo mad.... seriously? slowing them down? Well, they are pretty quick now to bring down AIP for current applicants to 7 months, but are in no hurry for the applicants that have already been waiting for 11-12 months for AIP and of course we need to wait even longer for DM. Somebody, please, explain to me how does this make sense? :mad: :mad: :mad:. So, there is no hope and no help....awesome!
Hi Mimence 777, I have pretty much the same time line. Let's cheer up! It is frustrating to have to wait... but let's hope DM will come soon!!
 

qosmio

Full Member
Oct 2, 2013
28
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville__Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
AIP__26 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Mimence777 said:
I called my MP's office last month....and the secretary told me that I haven't waited long enough....?!?! that I need to wait for 1 year after AIP (this is the timeline she said) before they can call to "bother" them about my file. SHe said they are slowing them down?!?!? Makes me soooo mad.... seriously? slowing them down? Well, they are pretty quick now to bring down AIP for current applicants to 7 months, but are in no hurry for the applicants that have already been waiting for 11-12 months for AIP and of course we need to wait even longer for DM. Somebody, please, explain to me how does this make sense? :mad: :mad: :mad:. So, there is no hope and no help....awesome!
Sorry to hear that but actually I had to wait for exactly 11.5 months to get DM although receiving AIP only took 7 months. Next month is my 6th month of waiting for landing date. I don't understand why lots of 2013 applicants already got their landing dates in Vancouver before us (2012). I haven't got any requests or troubles from CIC but these delays. I know they (CIC) can make excuses on the strikes happening last year, but come on, why us (2012) ?
 

rachel85704

Full Member
Jan 7, 2012
37
0
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
Trying to post here but keep getting an error. Seeing if this one works.
 
 

rachel85704

Full Member
Jan 7, 2012
37
0
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
I submitted my application in July 2012... At the end of September 2013 I received a denial letter stating that they had tried to contact me to get my medical done and that my timeline to do so had passed.

I hadn't received anything from CIC and was shocked by the letter, to say the least... Long story short, I had tons of proof that the mistake was on their end and my MP was able to get my case reopened a month and a half later.

I got my medical done in November and around the end of December/early January they updated my file as having received my medical results.

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to finish processing my application after receiving my medical results? This whole thing has already set me back by almost 6 months (I was supposed to get PR status in September).
 

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
171
2
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
qosmio said:
Sorry to hear that but actually I had to wait for exactly 11.5 months to get DM although receiving AIP only took 7 months. Next month is my 6th month of waiting for landing date. I don't understand why lots of 2013 applicants already got their landing dates in Vancouver before us (2012). I haven't got any requests or troubles from CIC but these delays. I know they (CIC) can make excuses on the strikes happening last year, but come on, why us (2012) ?
If you haven't, it's about time to call them (if not daily) weekly to check the progress.
before we got out landing interview, we got a letter (sent to our consultant) for us to provide extra information so that they can give an extension of medial result.
(deadline of reply was the next day from the day we got that letter) So I faxed the info back right away.
They also mentioned that they failed to contact us via phone before but NONE of us got any phone call from them. no missed call with their number...
So be pro-active in case they try to "contact" you.
 

sunshine11

Hero Member
Dec 8, 2010
556
2
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
....
VISA ISSUED...
....
LANDED..........
....
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, MY STATUS IS
****Sponsorship Application Status****

1.We received your application on March 16, 2013.


2.We started processing your application on March 24, 2013.


3.We sent you a letter on January 12, 2014 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

In progress change to Decision Made (after receiving redo -Medical in email)


Received redo - Medical request in email on January 12, 2014

****Permanent Residence Application Status*****

1.We received application for permanent residence on March 16, 2013.


2.We started processing application on January 12, 2014.
3. Your medical result has been received
****Still showing in progress******

I WANT TO KNOW
What they do in second step?

Now how long it will take?
When second step will be decision made?
 

Mimence777

Full Member
Jul 26, 2013
29
0
This means that your sponsor was approved, which is the first stage of the application called Approved in Principle or AIP. Second stage involves approving the candidate or you for permanent residence. From my own experience, after they requested me to re-do my medicals back in oct/03/2013, I did them and they updated the system that was received at the end of oct/2013, haven't heard anything back since then. Not to scare you but for me and others has been close to 5 months since AIP with no answer at all....and apparantly the second stage is supposed to take no more than 8....highly doubt. Hopefully this asnwers some of your questions. I hope that all of us get a positive answer very soon. Good luck to you sunshine11.
 
 

charmainefrances

Hero Member
Oct 24, 2011
884
105
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Mimence777 said:
This means that your sponsor was approved, which is the first stage of the application called Approved in Principle or AIP. Second stage involves approving the candidate or you for permanent residence. From my own experience, after they requested me to re-do my medicals back in oct/03/2013, I did them and they updated the system that was received at the end of oct/2013, haven't heard anything back since then. Not to scare you but for me and others has been close to 5 months since AIP with no answer at all....and apparantly the second stage is supposed to take no more than 8....highly doubt. Hopefully this asnwers some of your questions. I hope that all of us get a positive answer very soon. Good luck to you sunshine11.
I agree... I'm on my 4th month waiting now after AIP... I really doubt it if everything will be finished on the 8th month...specially for me that has a dependent back home... though the Canadian embassy in Manila already sent a request to fill up forms for my son, I don't know if it's possible for me to land as PR in June... well, let's hope for the best! good luck with everything! :)
 

sunshine11

Hero Member
Dec 8, 2010
556
2
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
....
VISA ISSUED...
....
LANDED..........
....
Mimence777 said:
This means that your sponsor was approved, which is the first stage of the application called Approved in Principle or AIP. Second stage involves approving the candidate or you for permanent residence. From my own experience, after they requested me to re-do my medicals back in oct/03/2013, I did them and they updated the system that was received at the end of oct/2013, haven't heard anything back since then. Not to scare you but for me and others has been close to 5 months since AIP with no answer at all....and apparantly the second stage is supposed to take no more than 8....highly doubt. Hopefully this asnwers some of your questions. I hope that all of us get a positive answer very soon. Good luck to you sunshine11.
Thanks a lot for your reply charmainefrances and Mimence777

I received AIP after 11 months
Can I ask you one question, after AIP received any chance for interview??
What they normally do in second stage??
Do you think I have to apply for open work permit (I am house wife)?
I tried to apply online but it's really confusing (too many question)
If you applied for work permit plz help me