+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland application

djredeyes

Aug 26, 2009
pls help..senior members,
:-\
Can I send the proof of my MEDical Exams done in the Philippines for my PR application INLAnD? or do I have to under go another Med Exams here in Canada? any answer will be much appreciated.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
I'm a little confused about your question. If you had an exam done purposely for immigration and it was done by one of the qualified doctors listed on CIC's website, then the results should have already been sent to CIC. Perhaps you should call the doctor in the Philippines and ask what exam it was for and if results were sent.

djredeyes

Aug 26, 2009
thanks very much for the response...
it was for immigration purposes, my husband and I were thinking of applying outland(manila) but i am here now in canada for a visit so
our plans change and we decided to apply Inland.

i hope this make sense..

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Also note that medical exams are only good for one year as from the day you get permanent residency. Especially with an inland app, it already might take you a year or so to get to that stage from the day you apply. So if your exam is already a few months old, you might have to take it again in Canada anyway.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
You know, another thing. I was just checking the processing times for Manila, and they are significantly less than if you were to apply inland. You do know that you can be in Canada and still apply outland, do you? You just have to be sure you have a visitors visa and get it extended during the process. I would highly recommend you apply outland, as it is much faster, and the preferred option in many cases.

Also, you may have your PR done in time for you not to have to re-do your medical ;)

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
My best bet to you is to do the medicals again in canada as u are now doing the application in-land..

yes the medicals get sent to the ottawa but in ottawa it goes to different departments and normally agents are lazy digging deep tofind u..

In-alnd meds go to in-land department., work permit renewal goes to work permit renewal section.. out-land meds gors to outland department., stdent visa = goest to student department.

eg - I did my medicals in canada b4 marrage and i was asked what is it was for i said work permit so i signed the work permit form and it went to ottawa work permit section/department.

when i got married in about 3 mnths time and i was filling the forms i realised that i needed to attached an outland medical reciept and i didnt have that so i call ie posted a thread on the forum and i was advice so..

went back to the same med place and asked and the lady was like no it will delay yr stuff as they will have to chase it. CIC dont want to chase stuff my dear...

Do a new one, it cost but u better off. I did a new one on the same day paid everything and the next day sent my appication i called med place to check on my med and the lady advice is gone to ottaw. . got approved and in - Process in London with meds recvd..... simple..