+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

I'm glad for you, but I have to admit, stories of waiting more than a year for Stage 2 approval are very depressing!

I think my US husband and I have a pretty straightforward case, and I thought waiting another 8 months felt like an eternity.

But over a year for second stage approval!???

Yikes!!

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
figtoria said:
Congratulations!

I'm glad for you, but I have to admit, stories of waiting more than a year for Stage 2 approval are very depressing!

I think my US husband and I have a pretty straightforward case, and I thought waiting another 8 months felt like an eternity.

But over a year for second stage approval!???

Yikes!!
Thank you !
It is really depressing especially when it is a straight forward case.
I have been waiting exactly 7 months for the second stage to be over and it was tough.
Now lets see how long will it take for the Landing interview to be scheduled..:))))

Lalala11

Nov 13, 2012
avigtr said:
Thank you !
It is really depressing especially when it is a straight forward case.
I have been waiting exactly 7 months for the second stage to be over and it was tough.
Now lets see how long will it take for the Landing interview to be scheduled..:))))
congrats avigtr so nice to hear!!!!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Besunshine said:
We initially did digital ones and got it sent to the rcmp amd then they mail us back a letter saying that no criminal revord wasnfoind, and we included this letter from the rcmp with our application. We told this to the lady at the fingerprinting place and she said she's seen a similar situation before amd said that we should do ink ones this time around cuz maybe CIC wants a physical hard copy of fingerprints. I dont know... I hope we did the right thing

the ways its done is the RCMP sends the result letter to CIC not to you! unless you asked for a copy. so a mistake has been done there because either the "finger print lady or you didn't include the CIC address and info with your fingerprint before sending it to RCMP or the RCMP made a mistake of not sending it to CIC. either way, If you don't hear something in few weeks I would contact them to find out.

good luck.

Boss Mala

Jan 27, 2013
Hello
I am a new member here.
I send my application on 2010 march. And call for an interview on may 25 2011
My wife sponsor me, the VO took her interview but didn't take mine. After the interview she told us we will send the document in your home country for background check.
But it's been 19 months nothing hear from CIC etobicoke,
My question is anybody in the same boat like me?
What should I do now? It's more than 2 years.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Boss Mala said:
Hello
I am a new member here.
I send my application on 2010 march. And call for an interview on may 25 2011
My wife sponsor me, the VO took her interview but didn't take mine. After the interview she told us we will send the document in your home country for background check.
But it's been 19 months nothing hear from CIC etobicoke,
My question is anybody in the same boat like me?
What should I do now? It's more than 2 years.
Have you ordered your case notes? Have you had your wife contact the MP representing your district? At 34 months, you are far beyond normal processing time.

Were you at least given AIP after the interview?

It sounds to me like someone has "forgotten" about your file. If you cannot get some attention (e.g., through the MPs office) then about the only other option is to go to Federal Court and seek "mandamus" - an order from the Court that CIC complete the processing on your file. But that's a potentially expensive option.

Boss Mala

Jan 27, 2013
Hi computer Greek
What is case notes? As well as AIP?
By the way I forgot to tell u that we got a baby girl on September 2012 and we send the birth certificate to CIC. Still no response.
Me and my wife went to our MP office, they send a letter to CIC, in the reply CIC told still its on process.
It's really frustrating that what the f*** process they r doing last 21 months.????
I have no job permit only depends on my wife income. Really loosing my patients.

The interesting part last two years they don't even send a letter or update the CIC file in the website, just saying in process.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Boss Mala said:
Hi computer Greek
What is case notes? As well as AIP?
By the way I forgot to tell u that we got a baby girl on September 2012 and we send the birth certificate to CIC. Still no response.
Me and my wife went to our MP office, they send a letter to CIC, in the reply CIC told still its on process.
It's really frustrating that what the f*** process they r doing last 21 months.????
I have no job permit only depends on my wife income. Really loosing my patients.

The interesting part last two years they don't even send a letter or update the CIC file in the website, just saying in process.
AIP = "approval in principle" and that's what gives you the right to get an open work permit

Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to obtain the electronic records about your case. If you look on the CIC website for "privacy act" you will find forms that you can complete and submit to the ATIP office at CIC. They will pull those (electronic) records for you and send you a copy - and that can provide greater insight into why they haven't approved your application yet.

CIC's answer is ALWAYS "it's in process" - but that's not an answer. I knew someone who had been waiting six years for a final decision on an inland sponsorship (at least he had an open work permit) and that was always their answer.

At this point, you should consider going to Court for Mandamus if you can afford to do so. Normally, filing a Mandamus request causes CIC to move their butts quickly to make the problem go away.

Your baby was born in Canada, so she is Canadian - it won't make any difference to your paperwork and normally they don't respond to anything, anyway.

Get your case notes. That will give you information you don't have now. It sounds to me like your "normal processing" is because your file has fallen behind the cabinet somewhere...

Boss Mala

Jan 27, 2013
hi computer greek
thanks for ur quick reply.
could u send me the link of case note application? i was try to look for it but couldn't find it

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
Hello, is there anyone who recently did the medical exam?

I sent my application in August 2011, but I got an email in November 2012 requesting a new medical exam cause the old one expired.

I got my AIP in June 2012, and re-did a new medical exam on November 30th, 2012.

However, a call centre agent just told me that they have not received the result of the new medical exam.

Just wondering if anyone here recently did a medical exam in the past 2-3 months and haven't got a update on e-cas?

How long does it usually take for the medical exam to be received?
Thanks

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Vancouver landing times

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have a time estimate based on his experience on the appointment scheduling for Vancouver office?
I got the mail stating they finished processing my application and that The local office will contact me(dated Jan 21st).

Highly appreciated

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
torontoinlander said:
Hello, is there anyone who recently did the medical exam?

I sent my application in August 2011, but I got an email in November 2012 requesting a new medical exam cause the old one expired.

I got my AIP in June 2012, and re-did a new medical exam on November 30th, 2012.

However, a call centre agent just told me that they have not received the result of the new medical exam.

Just wondering if anyone here recently did a medical exam in the past 2-3 months and haven't got a update on e-cas?

How long does it usually take for the medical exam to be received?
Thanks
Hi, mine was expired too and I re-did the medical on 2nd of Oct 2012 and it appeared on my ecas on 17th Nov 2012 till then I am waiting for my ecas to change from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE but seems like it’s a never ending process. I was told and assured various time by various agents that I passed everything including my security, background and medical and all they are waiting for is the Decision but who knows when they will bother to look into the files they sent in backlog.