Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
karma123 said:
Congrats!! Me too, I got that letter yesterday, it's just that I've already paid the 490 CAN,, so now I have to wait until Montreal Office contact me.
I'm soooo happy, today I went to get my temporal Insurance Social #.
And tried to open an account, but I have to wait to get my card, but everything feels so good now,,, after a long year of waiting.

Just wanna say people who is still waiting, don't lose patient. No if you are in the processing times!!!! Remember that many of us had experienced the same.
Congratulations, Karma!!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
BestPlace said:
Any update for June Applicants? CIC still on holidays?
No news here.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
hopefully they will move somewhere today... no changes so far... what's going on? :'(

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Maybe CIC overdosed on chocolate bunnies last weekend and can't perform!? Then what is their excuse for not updating for the past month!?!?
Drives me crazy this wait, this "no updates forever"! I am really so tired of it! :mad:

June2011

Feb 20, 2012
BestPlace said:
Any update for June Applicants? CIC still on holidays?
I called CIC today and they don't have any updates yet for me.Not sure if anyone from June 2011 got any news.
Application received June 03,2011
Starting processing June 15, 2011

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Hi Guys,

I landed in the morning. My interview took about 10 minutes. First of all, an officer was suprised that I'm male, she thought my wife is married to a woman (fortunately, we're in Canada) :) That's funny, my gender is in many documents. She verified some information, asked my wife if she still wants to sposor me. After that there were standard questions about children and crime. Also the officer told I should call for SIN at ..., for RAMQ at... It was really strange, I thought I can do SIN at the same time. Finaly, I heard CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;D ;D ;D

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
TU160 said:
Hi Guys,

I landed in the morning. My interview took about 10 minutes. First of all, an officer was suprised that I'm male, she thought my wife is married to a woman (fortunately, we're in Canada) :) That's funny, my gender is in many documents. She verified some information, asked my wife if she still wants to sposor me. After that there were standard questions about children and crime. Also the officer told I should call for SIN at ..., for RAMQ at... It was really strange, I thought I can do SIN at the same time. Finaly, I heard CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations!!!

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. Just checked the CIC website now, still no update on the processing times. Wow, this is so frustrating because it seems like things are getting slower and slower each week. For the past 3 weeks, what CIC was doing was merely updating the DATE MODIFIED portion of the website, but the priority dates remained the same, still April 30, 2011.

I think to be fair to all, CIC should not edit the DATE MODIFIED portion every week if there are no movements or advances in the application dates currently processed (I mean, the contents).

To everyone, just be patient and keep on praying. I will try to update our INLAND 2011 chart on a weekly basis so that more or less, everyone will have an idea on what dates are currently being processed by CIC. So keep on updating me with your status updates (AOR, AIP, DM, PR landing, etc) so we can populate the chart well. Thanks.

Hang tough, in God we trust! :)

chu2010

Apr 11, 2012
Hi there, I would like to share my timline,

I'm from HK and my husband is Canadian Citizen. I've submited the application under the spouse in Canada to Vegreville office,

Application sent: Apr 18 2011
Application received: Apr 20 2011
Letter from visa office asking for updating my work and address history: Jul 06 2011
Letter sent again: 18 Jul 2011
Letter from visa office saying that I meet the eligibility requirement and sponsorship is approved, asking for the Police Certificate from HK police: Mar 10 2012
Applied for the certificate from the HK police: Mar 19 2011

HK Police said if I have no criminal record, the certificate will be sent to the visa office within 4 weeks.

Could anyone let me know what's next? How long does it take to finalize my application?

Much appreciated!!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Hello guys,
On Tuesday, April 10, my hubby and I went to Montreal’s CIC office to receive the final step to get over with PR waiting. So, from dropping our application to handle PR document took us 11 months exactly.

So, to our surprise, TV media was at the CIC door because of this family deportation dilemma, nevertheless we were hyper and terribly happy. The receptionist told us to wait in a large room, where a lot of people were waiting as well, all countries were represented… I felt in an Airport.

Then, at 13h00 (appointment was at 13h00) someone came to get us, and took us to another large office on the same floor. We sat in this cubicle and she asked:
Officer: When did you arrive in Canada?
Hubby: I think on the 20th of April 2011
ME: mmm is it?
Officer: she confirmed that it was the 20th, and asked for the Passport, compared the two together, passport and PR official document. Checked passport very carefully (names, issued, expiration date, passport number, and Visa.
Officer: Did you bring your CSQ certificate
US: yes
Officer: Did you bring your pictures? We gave her the 2 pictures (we took them at Costco), and pasted in the PR official document and asked hubby to sign and told him: do not lose it, you will need this for your Citizenship application, do not laminate it or whatever, keep it original.
Officer: have you got any colored certificate from CIC (work permit) I need to take it away from you, you don’t need it anymore. As per your SIN card, if you have one, keep it, once you get the PR card take it to Services Canada along with your SIN card, and they will give you a new one.

Then she asked the 3 last questions:
Have you committed a crime since your arrival?
What is your address?
Do you have dependents outside of Canada other than listed under 18 years of age

Those questions are on the PR Official document, and she asked him to initial his answers.

Then she said congratulations, gave him his PR official Document, and told him that he will receive the PR card in six weeks time, then added you cannot travel with this document, you need your PR card.

BUT hubby and I have already schedule our vacation in 2 weeks time so we ask her if we could go anyway.
She said: you could travel to some countries that allowed it, but not all do. So, check first with the Canadian Embassy first in the country you travelling too.
Then Hubby told her that we already contacted the Canadian Embassy to where we are travelling for vacation, and they email us saying that we can, and they already sent us the application form along with documents required to obtain that Travel Document.

She said, and then it is ok! And finalized the meeting with:

Congratulation and welcome to Canada, she explained how long hubby need to wait to apply for Citizenship and gave us the exactly date.

So she walked us out of that floor to the main lobby (ugly place) and we run holding hands (not)… unfortunately the TV media cameras had already left… bummer!!!

That was it… I wish you guys all the best, and waiting is part of the dream, the more you wait the more you will enjoy and appreciate the moment.. I know is easy to say it but we have been there.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
thats great canadiancitzen! Lets hope we all get it in 11 months... looking at the speed cic is going it doesn't seem likely... bummer!