waved
Passport Req..
15-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-6-2011,d/m 28-06-2011,got passports back 6-07-2011
LANDED..........
inshalla in mid september 2011
Hi.
can any1 assist me about this area regarding public transport,school.grocery store etc.
I,m planning to rent an apartment here.
thanks

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 send with application
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Hi,

do you find any help about this area. I am planning for the same

Ryan-chris

Aug 11, 2011
w3soul said:
Hi,

do you find any help about this area. I am planning for the same
Hello,

This area is quite nice to say the least. It has good bus transit that goes to Toronto downtown and Mississauga town centre. It has a loblaw and Rona in the surrounding for food and home shopping. It also has the credit valley hospital nearby. Got a good secondary school as well. Erin mills is a town centre in itself just like square one in Mississauga. The two are like 10 minutes drive away.

Hope this helps

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Hi Ryan-chris ,
Thanks for your reply.

This is shahbaz from paksitan.

I am near to move to Canada as FSW. someone suggest Erin Mills for initial stay.I am an IT professional.

Will you please help me that either Square one is better for me or Erin Mills?
Where do i find some survival job easily ?
and how do i find some accommodation there ?

Ryan-chris said:
Hello,

This area is quite nice to say the least. It has good bus transit that goes to Toronto downtown and Mississauga town centre. It has a loblaw and Rona in the surrounding for food and home shopping. It also has the credit valley hospital nearby. Got a good secondary school as well. Erin mills is a town centre in itself just like square one in Mississauga. The two are like 10 minutes drive away.

Hope this helps

Ryan-chris

Aug 11, 2011
Hi dude,

You will find jobs easily near square one but these are office jobs. If you want survival jobs then you have to move around Dixie/dundas area or Brampton areas. Check kijiji.ca for rentals. You may need to book some days in a motel and then search for rentals once you are in Canada.

Dixie/Dundas is an Asian area with access to oriental food, good transit and plenty of survival jobs. Rent is affordable as well.

Erin mills is good but you will need a car. It is a highly residential area and things are not within walking distances.

Hope this helps.

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Ryan-chris said:
Hi dude,

You will find jobs easily near square one but these are office jobs. If you want survival jobs then you have to move around Dixie/dundas area or Brampton areas. Check kijiji.ca for rentals. You may need to book some days in a motel and then search for rentals once you are in Canada.

Dixie/Dundas is an Asian area with access to oriental food, good transit and plenty of survival jobs. Rent is affordable as well.

Erin mills is good but you will need a car. It is a highly residential area and things are not within walking distances.

Hope this helps.
Hi Friend,
Thanks for your reply, It really helps.
Where is that Dixie/Dundas, is it in Mississauga or Brampton. I am asking this as i really don't have any idea about locations and areas there.
What if i rent somewhere near Square one and search job at Dundas as u mentioned. As i need survival job in start and then some office job.
So please suggest what's best for me.....which place which city which area ?

Ryan-chris

Aug 11, 2011
Hey there,

Dixie/dundas is in Mississauga. You can live around square one and commute to Dixie/dundas. The only problem is that survival jobs often got shifts, ending late at nights. Check on google map. Dixie road is in between Erin mills and square one. It's midway, yet the best place for newcomers!

I got lots of friends who are working in Dixie road. They stay in the surrounding so that they cycle to work when they got late shifts. You can use public transit, which operates till 1am as long as you don't have to travel from Dixie to Erin mills/Square one at odd hours! (no direct transit..waiting times can take long between connection buses)

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Hi Friend,
Thanks for your time, You are really helpful to me.
After reading your previous look i make a look on google maps.

Well friend you use Dixie/dundas, what is difference between both. These are either two names or two different areas.
How much is the distance between Dundas and square one. By bus or by Cycle ?
What type of survival jobs are available there ?
How much chances are there that i got some survival job within first month after land ?

Ryan-chris said:
Hey there,

Dixie/dundas is in Mississauga. You can live around square one and commute to Dixie/dundas. The only problem is that survival jobs often got shifts, ending late at nights. Check on google map. Dixie road is in between Erin mills and square one. It's midway, yet the best place for newcomers!

I got lots of friends who are working in Dixie road. They stay in the surrounding so that they cycle to work when they got late shifts. You can use public transit, which operates till 1am as long as you don't have to travel from Dixie to Erin mills/Square one at odd hours! (no direct transit..waiting times can take long between connection buses)

Ryan-chris

Aug 11, 2011
Dixie and dundas are two different street names, both good!

You need bus transit to travel between dundas, Dixie and square one.

Survival jobs are mainly packaging, loading/unloading, warehousing, order picking. They are jobs in stores, factories and so on. The wage rate is despicable at $11-12 per hour. You can land on them quite easily. You will need ur SIN, safety shoes/gloves, and ready to accept rotating shifts...night ones!

You can get up to 40+ hours a week. So that's $440 gross. Ur tax at around 20% on that.

Most industrial areas are around dundas, dixie, airport road, steeles road, Brampton, and so. Check that on google map. They are all around Mississauga. Public transits are not very efficient at late nights. So if ur thinking of survival jobs, you may want to get a rent around those places!

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Thanks dude ,

Your provide superb information. Thanks !

Ryan-chris said:

Survival jobs are mainly packaging, loading/unloading, warehousing, order picking. They are jobs in stores, factories and so on. The wage rate is despicable at $11-12 per hour. You can land on them quite easily. You will need ur SIN, safety shoes/gloves, and ready to accept rotating shifts...night ones!

You can get up to 40+ hours a week. So that's $440 gross. Ur tax at around 20% on that.

Most industrial areas are around dundas, dixie, airport road, steeles road, Brampton, and so. Check that on google map. They are all around Mississauga. Public transits are not very efficient at late nights. So if ur thinking of survival jobs, you may want to get a rent around those places!

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Hi dude,

If you don't mind may I ask about you.

You are Canadian by birth or migrated from some other country, if yes from which country ?
What is your professional ?
Where are you staying ?

I repeat......if you don't mind

Ryan-chris said: