+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

info regarding landing for family route

pea

Apr 23, 2008
hi all,

I am maybe I'm a bit dumb but I can't seem to find info about what is needed for landing, not in my spouse's letter with the COPR letter, nor was it in the guidance for filling out the application. is there an official guidelines as to what is required for us to bring with us when landing? this is what I know so far

1. the visa on the passport
2. the COPR letter
3. the B4 and B4a forms (where does it say we need these forms anyway?)
4. proof of funds (not sure where it says this either)

is there anything else?

also, does anyone know how long it takes for the PR card to be posted to you after you have landed and can you leave and reenter canada without reciving the PR card?

thanks very much for your help.

pea

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
You need the visa, the COPR, and if it is a spousal sponsorship she is not required to show proof of funds but they will ask her what amount of money she has with her. I think now it is taking 30 days to receive the PR Card you can find the latest timeline on their website.
You can leave if you have an urgency to leave but you would be required to get a travel document from the Canadian Embassy in order to come back into Canada. You are better off waiting for the card. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card

Hope that helps!
As for the B4 and B4a forms..

Before leaving for Canada
Before you arrive, you should prepare two copies of a list (preferably typewritten) of all the goods you intend to bring into Canada as settler’s effects, showing the value, make, model, and serial number (when applicable). Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you, and the goods to follow.

You have to present this list to the border services officer on your first point of arrival in Canada, even if you are not bringing in any goods at that time.

Since jewellry is difficult to describe accurately, it is best to use the wording from your insurance policy or jeweller’s appraisal and to include photographs that have been dated and signed by the jeweller or a gemologist. You should describe each item of jewellry on the list of goods you submit. This information makes it easier to identify them when you first enter Canada, and later on when you return from a trip abroad with this jewellry.

At the border, the officer will prepare Form B4, Personal Effects Accounting Document, on your behalf, based on the list of goods you provided. The officer will assign your B4 form a file number and give you a receipt. You will need to present your receipt to claim duty- and tax-free entry of your “goods to follow” when they arrive later.

You can make the process easier by completing a B4 form in advance and presenting it to the officer when you arrive. You can get a form by calling the BIS at one of the numbers listed in the section called “Additional information,” or you can visit our Web site at www.cbsa.gc.ca/formspubs

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/rc4151-eng.html